Thursday, December 22, 2011

Swedish Country

My daughter's room becomes a guest room for Christmas.  It looks pretty much the same as last Christmas, except for a few changes.  The red gingham heart pillow was in the 'As Is' section at IKEA for $1.99.  I bought three, because if you are going to save money, save it on more than one, right?  My husband says I sure do save a lot of money this way.  Valentine's is coming...
I tried to simplify this space, since Swedish Country really is simple with clean lines.  I love details, but sometimes I overdo it!
The deer head was a real find and I gave it a makeover.  Will share soon, but for now, he hangs in this room to add some whimsy.
I love quilts.  They have such personality.  Antique and vintage ones are so lovely, but they cost a pretty penny.  I found this one at Tuesday Morning.  Quilts by Ralph Lauren are well-made and beautiful; however, I would not pay full price.  These were another great find and lend to the 'country' feel of the room.  My sister bought one, too!
A side view...the wreath is covering up some extra holes I put in the wall, and the nest is masking where the paint began to chip...I made the wreath last year by wrapping some stems together.
This year, I added a tiny tree to the Dutch secretary.  Otherwise, nothing new here!  Click the link, if you want to see this makeover.
I think it would be great to sleep in here with this little tree as your night light!
You can see the sock garland and how I made it here.
I purchased this nativity last Christmas at the Maxx.  Can you tell it is one of my favorite stores?
These are a few of our favorite Christmastime reads.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas belonged to my husband when he was little.
Big Betty (the bunny) has seen a lot of lovin' from my kids.  She is a keeper.  I just look at her and can picture one of them dragging her around.  The little mouse came from IKEA.

Thanks for stopping by on the eve of Christmas Eve!


If you are still looking for gift ideas, see my post here!

Merry Christmas!
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

11 comments :

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love Swedish decor and I love this bedroom. The blue gingham chair is adorable!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh that quilt! it's wonderful. and love that precious little nativity and bunny! Have a wonderful Christmas! xoxo

Kate said...

What a beautiful room!! Merry Christmas

Kelly said...

Her room is pretty enough to be in a magazine! I wish my boys rooms looked that organzied and clean. I love how the mini stockings are strung across the foot of the bed. The soft powder blue and red and white make for a wonderful swedish feel. You should be proud!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bed. I love your red and white quilt. It goes so nicely with the throw pillows. I like your style. Merry Christmas! Pat

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful !! I love the combination of red and white.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

What a deal at IKEA..I love the quilt on the bed..The red and white is so festive looking in your daughter's room..
Merry Christmas..

Honey at 2805 said...

This is splendid! I adore your red and white Swedish room! It's gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful post at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a welcoming room ~ your guests are quite lucky!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I luv it!

Unknown said...

I love this room, especially the red & white quilt! I'm working of furnishing a guest house and your pictures on this post were part of my inspiration. Would you mind if I use the pictures of your bed on my blog, showing my readers where my inspiration came from? I will link it to your blog. Thanks for sharing.
Milah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...