Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Elf on the Shelf Cute Ideas

So, I have written about how this elf annoys me. The late nights are getting to me.  I'm sure I will regret my annoyance.  The early mornings shrill of laughter and delight, when they find what 'Zelfman' has been up to is certainly worth it.
 As I was unpacking my Christmas decorations, I found this cap and scarf intended for a bottle of wine.  Sure looked like the perfect size for our elf.  I saw some at World Market, if you are interested in keeping your elf warm.
Apparently, our elf misses playing in the snow at the North Pole.  This particular night, he brought his own sled and 'borrowed' my boots from the tree.
Just candy canes, graham crackers and hot glue and your elf can have a sled, too.
The 'boots' came from Target (Smith & Hawkins) and are surprisingly hollow so his little legs fit right in.
When Zelfman showed up with a bag of coal, my five year old was not happy.  She thought it was for her...and probably it was (is.)  She came and whispered in my ear, so he wouldn't hear, "Mom, can Zelfman read my mind?"  I said, "Yes."  She decided right then, that she does not like the elf.
Hence, came the ban on the elf.  I thought this was pretty clever of her.  I had the word 'Noel' spelled and she went and made the 'F' for 'No Elf.'  No, she is not as excited as the others and thinks he is watching only her...which he should be.
(Bag of coal gum-Michael's)

What are some clever ways you are hiding your elf?


Thanks for stopping by!


Linking here!

Centsational Girl

holiday home button centsational girl
Pin It Now!

16 comments :

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Ha ha ha this is too funny and cute!! I have seen these elves around Pinterest and thought they were so funny. I had no idea this was a "thing" people do. I love it! Where did you find your elf? Your daughter is clever making her no elf sign ;)

Jemsmom said...

This post made me giggle and after my weekend... I needed it! Last year our elf, Fred, made his appearance. My daughter was not happy as she was being very naughty. VERY NAUGHTY. She whined and complained about him for a while and then she said twice that she couldn't wait for Christmas to be over. I asked her why and she told me so Fred would go away. This upset me as I didn't want her to wish Christmas away! I told her I would write a note and leave it by Fred to take to Santa. I would just tell him that she wasn't comfortable with him doing that job and that I would email or call Santa every few days and give him a report. She thought about this for a while and after dinner that night said Fred could stay. She would rather have him report than me! Now Fred is a beloved member of the family and she cried when he left last year!

He has been in stockings this year, drawn on a family picture, hid in plants and trees and hung from the chandelier! It is so much fun!

Shannon said...

Too cute! Thanks for the great ideas, I am off to make that sled right now :)

It's me said...

Have a nice week !!...love ...xxx...

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Absolutely darling. hugs ~lynne~

Debra@CommonGround said...

All this ELF stuff is just too cute! My girls would have gone nuts for this when they were young, they'd still go nuts for it, but shucks, they don't live here anymore, I'd have to do it for my own amusement, te he!!

Unknown said...

I think a little bag of coal is on it's way to sit next to the elf. Kids have been pushing it! Such cute ideas. Love the sled. Must make one of those as well.

Megan said...

that's too cute!

Meg

Anonymous said...

Christie,
This is hilarious! But it would be taxing, coming up with a new idea every night, every year!

Simply Simplisticated said...

This little Elf Dude has such an exciting life!! Im totally lovin this guy:)Thanks,Deidre~http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

Oh!! I love the sled idea! That's so adorable!

Michele Smith said...

Cute ideas! Love the sleigh.
Love your daughter's note too LOL

A Mother and A Daughter said...

Those are such cute and fun elf ideas! I have just been moving mine from shelf to shelf and it's just when my grandbabies come over. Very clever of your daughter to figure out NO ELF!

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Cute ideas! I love how clever she was turning your "noel" into "no elf"! I just posted the mischief our elf has been getting into.

Stacy - A Westside Story said...

Our elf is the bane of my existence. My only trick is to make sure he doesn't show up until like December 10 or later.

The Martys said...

What cute elf ideas. I almost always forget to move the elf nightly, so nothing to creative. He usually leaves notes on being good and sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...