Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gift Ideas for Christmas

This is a simple gift for a friend who loves to bake.
(Mitt- TJMaxx; timer- Sur La Table)
How about a jar of pretty ribbon and a nice pair of Martha Stewart shears for the seamstress or even just for wrapping gifts?
A basket of kitchen goodies is always a nice thing!
This 'batter pen' from Sur La Table is wonderful.  While I don't love to bake, my children do!  This is such an easy way for them to help fill muffin cups...no mess!  It is also great for making pancakes.  Extra batter?  Just store the 'pen' in the frig!
One of my friends has a gingerbread party for the children every year.  It is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas!  Her house is so bright and inviting, and she has such a sweet, sweet family.  I found a Maileg kitchen towel with the directions for making gingerbread cookies.  I added some measuring spoons and a large peppermint candy cane.  She had recently told me that she loved eating these large candy canes as a child.  She would carry it around the entire month of December, carefully wrapping it in plastic wrap when not in use!  Oh, I remember that!
(Kitchen towel-specialty shop in Charlotte; Red gingerbread measuring spoons- JoAnne's; large candy canes- Dollar Store)
My children gave these 'Movie Night Goodies' as host/hostess gifts to the children we visited for parties or dinner.  We filled these with popcorn and old-fashioned candy like Milk Duds, Jr. Mints, lemon drops, etc...
(Maileg paper bags- local gift shop)
You don't always have to take a bottle of wine as a hostess gift; although some might need it this time of year!  I found several cute sets of measuring spoons and attached this verse:
May you grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled
to the measure of all the fullness of God.   ~Eph. 3:18-19        
I found all of these measuring spoons at TJMaxx. My sweet sister grabbed some for me when she was out and about and saw some at the Maxx.  We visited several stores to round them up!
Snowmen, Santa, mittens, gingerbread and the dots...I had a tough time letting these go!  Do you ever do that?  Buy a gift, but don't want to part with it...guess I am missing the meaning of it all!  I did part with them...reluctantly.
Remember this?  Our elf uses it to keep warm; however, it is intended for a bottle of wine. 
Wine bottle hat and scarf- Sundance Catalog.
This wreath is made from a vintage book of 1930's music.  Ashlyn has the greatest music/piano teacher, so I made this for her.
 What a sweet gift!  My dear friend Jenn gave me this bag of goodies with all the necessities for our family bonfires; a warm blanket, fire starters, sticks to hold the marshmallows, a large bucket with all the fixin's and some hot chocolate with a pretty scoop all packaged in this adorable bag from Land's End!
Jenn also made this precious block ornament with pictures of all three of my children.  L.O.V.E.  Wouldn't your friends or family love this?  So cute!

I could not wait to print this freebie for the kids in Ashlyn's class.  Reindeer noses!  How cute is that! 
I found the little tin favor boxes in a package of thirty in the wedding section at Michael's.
 Pinned Image
Here the Crafting Chicks used spice bottles from IKEA.
 Candles for teachers...
(TJMaxx)
Small plants for teachers, too.  I found some cute enamelware cups at Tuesday Morning and used them to hold the poinsettia.  I wanted small evergreens, but couldn't find them anywhere!  Love the idea of giving someone a tree to plant.

I wish I had a job arranging flowers!  Flower arrangements are for my very kind neighbors. 
(Basket-Tuesday Morning)
 My neighbor put it on her front porch for the Christmas party with live Nativity.
 Beautiful 'Star of Bethlehem' is bunched together with some evergreens and roses.
 Consumable products are always a good choice to give to friends or family.  I made the homemade marshmallows (recipe here.) I am so proud of myself, although I haven't tasted them yet!
I combined the marshmallows with a jar of hot chocolate mix.  The felt wool mitten is to hold a note saying, "Baby, its cold outside!"

 No matter what the gift, I hope we all remember the true meaning of Christmas...the ultimate gift that was given to us on Christmas day.

Merry Christmas y'all!
Are you ready?
Pin It Now!

21 comments :

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Christie:

All of these are wonderful ideas! I really love the batter pen! So clever.....

Tricia said...

What good ideas. I really love the movie night goodies :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am SO doing those measuring spoons....that is too, too cute. And I want the snowmen ones...for me!!

Brandi said...

So many beautiful ideas, that could also be used for gift-giving throughout the year! Thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kelly said...

I love all of your cute Christmas gift ideas! Those measuring spoons are the cutest things I've ever seen. I also love the gift you received for your bonfires. How unique and thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

Great gifts, I like the little reindeer nose tins !!
Have a wonderful day.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wonderful ideas. I love the basket from Tuesday Morning. The greens you added look great. I am sure she will love it.

Bronwyn said...

These are ALL marvelous! I really like that "ribbon in a jar" present. I have 2 friends that would ADORE receiving a gift like that! Pinned for next year! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Unknown said...

All terrific gift ideas! I've done the homemade marshmallows and cocoa mix one for years -- always well recieved :)

Merry CHRISTmas!
Gail

Unknown said...

LOVE all of these! Wow ... some fantastic ideas! I especially love that block ornament with the photos! Darling!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

What GREAT ideas!

Comeca Jones said...

All sweet sweet gifts i love your ideas.

Stacey said...

You have the best ideas! Time has been so short for me this Christmas that it has been stressful. I'm saving your good ideas in a favorites file so I can work on this throughout 2012!!

It's me said...

Bedankt lieverd voor je gezelligheid steun en liefde van het afgelopen jaar......liefs van mij.....xxx...Ria


Thanks my darling for your fun loving and support over the past year....love from me.....xxx...Ria

x
xxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
||
||



Fijne Kerstdagen,
Merry Christmas,
Glaedelig Jul,
Merry Christmas,
Joyeux Noel,
God Jul,

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ideas..

birdie blue said...

love all of the darling gift ideas, christie. i've spotted some of those measuring spoons, what a perfect gift idea especially with your clever choice of verse. and, those reindeer noses? inspired.

wishing you and your beautiful family a very merry christmas, and may you have many blessings in 2012.

xo
molly

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Those are all great (and quite creative)!
Merry Christmas!
Trish

Sue said...

I'm in love with all the measuring spoons! Darling idea:)

Honey at 2805 said...

Your are brimming with wonderful ideas, Christie!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful post at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

My classroom blog said...

So so special, thank you, Pixie.
Shirley

Unknown said...

What are the products you used on those gifts? how about if you suggest me some more ideas for gifts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...