Thursday, December 8, 2011

Maileg...Just a Few of My Favorite Things

Maileg is a Danish company...I adore everything they make.  This advent calendar knocks my socks off!  It is so cute!  Oh, but wait until you see their garland calendar...

I'll just take the cute little boy and the white reindeer, too.
My $10 chair goes well with this line of toys, don't you think? 
I put the 'sheep' vintage vocabulary card in day '24.'  After all, our sacrificial Lamb comes that night...given to us as a sweet little baby boy.
The little brown discs with red ribbon are our 'Jesse Tree' ornaments.  This is our first year doing the advent tree.  It has been such a blessing.  This advent calendar helps me to remember our devotion each night.  I should also put a note in each pocket to remind me to move 'Zelfman' our elf!  The 4 am jolts are killing me!
These toys are keepsakes.  I just know I will use them with my grandchildren one day.



Remember the flag on the Dutch secretary?  Maileg.  The little clown inside the glass doors is by them, too.
The Princess and the Pea is also by the Danish company and was a gift from Santa last year for my youngest daughter (here.)
The bunny is Maileg and can be found in the post, "A Swedish Intent."

These are just a few of my favorite things...

What are your favorites this Christmas?


Links:
Pin It Now!

12 comments :

birdie blue said...

love all of your maileg, christie. kayce hughes just had a give-away of a little set of their matchbook mice in the little gingham beds. love it.

where do you find all of yours?

xo
molly

Amy Kinser said...

That advent calendar is just wonderful. Love the flash card you used. How fun!

I can see why these are some of your favorite things.

Crimson Heart Studios said...

Christie, I think I'm in love. Everything from Maileg has the perfect touch of whimsey. The whole look of your blog is peaceful. After reading about the Lamb of the 24th, I understand why. I would love for you to come by my blog. I have a vintage garland tutorial and giveaway I think you might enjoy. Blessings, Cindy

Kelli said...

Hi Christie,
Love the maileg advent calendar. Just checked their site and couldn't find it. Do you know if they make that one anymore? I've never heard of this company before. Thanks for showing it on your blog. It's adorable!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I still love that princess and the pea bed....my hubby says that is me!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are the cutest toys and advent calender. I will have to check them out.

Desire Empire said...

Loving all your Noric pieces there. I have not heard of this company but I can see very much why you like them. A simple stylish Christmas is so me!!!!! Loved they way you said my mantel stood out for you in the links. I think that was a lovely thing to say and I apprecaite if very much
Carolyn xx

Desire Empire said...

Love your Christmas Header and following you now.
C.

Kelly said...

Those are the cutest things ever! Glad to know they are going to be keepsakes. They're too unique and special to part with.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love all these adorable items. the advent wreath is precious! thanks for sharing the inspiration at VIF! xoxo

{northern cottage} said...

i absolutely LOVE that little chair - I have a thing for little chairs apparently!

Christie Jones Ray said...

Oh, how thrilled I was to see all your sweet maileg favorites...and yes, dear Christie, you will be using these with your grand babies;))
Blessings,
Christie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...