Friday, December 9, 2011

A Swedish Santa

Swedish Santa...otherwise known as the Tomte or is he a Gnome?
Either way, I have seen them around shops.  Target has some adorable ones for around $14.  I have maxed out my Christmas budget, so decided to make one with things I already have.
Isn't he cute? 
 This was one of the simplest ideas and it took all of about a minute to make.
I have had the wool felt hat (here), but you could use any Santa hat.
Last year, my daughter and I made several red and green felt balls (tutorial here) for a garland.  We are adding to it each year.  I used one of the red felt balls for the nose.  You could use any red ball or pom- pom.
I have had the wire frame hat stand (here.)  Left over angel hair snow was used for the beard.
I put the hat on first and then tucked the 'beard' up under the rim of the hat.  I used a small drop of hot glue to add the nose right under the hat.  I took a small amount of angel hair and rolled it together to make the mustache and then used some hot glue to add it under the nose.  I added a few 'curls' to the beard but simply twisting it!

He just makes me laugh...HO,HO,HO!

Pinned Image
google.com
Some of you asked, so here is an example of some more Swedish Santas!  So quirky aren't they?

Do you want some lovely Swedish inspiration?  Visit Ria at It's MeEver since I have been in blogland, she has always stopped by with sweet words of encouragment!  Thank you Ria! I love to look at the pictures on her blog, but I can't read a lick of it!  Her pictures are dreamy, elegant, simply Swedish...just so lovely.  If you stop by, tell her hello from Three Pixie Lane!
Edit:  Ria does have the translator button.  Thank you Ria!
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are finding the joy and peace that is intended for this time of year...along with it, a little bit of laughter, too!

Pin It Now!

16 comments :

Amy Kinser said...

Good morning. I feel like I have visited with you so much lately and truly enjoy every visit. This little Swedish Santa is adorable. I honestly don't know that I have ever seen or noticed one before but he sure is fun. Isn't it nice to find a very simple "something" that can bring a smile to our faces?

Blessings to you today. Amy

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Christine:

Love the Swedish Santa, so adorable!!!

Amanda said...

He is such a jolly santa! Looks wonderful.

It's me said...

Thanks you my dear friend !...love your blog and you....you are so kind to me......enjoy a happy weekend...loev from me Ria...xxx..

Melissa said...

He's so whimsical and fun! Swedish Santa is definitely a cutie. :)

Dusty Coyote said...

I love finding other decor blogs from around the world,thanks for the link. This Santa is so cute, especially without eyes. I adore that swiss army blanket in the background :)

Tiffini said...

they are a bit quirky but yours is really cute!
something so easy and enjoyable for little ones to make..and I love the pom poms:)
happy weekend
xo

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable! I've never seen these before - how charming!! I'm following you now!

Kelly said...

Absolutely adorable! I've never seen those before. I like that they're easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

mary said...

I bought one of these in Stockholm along with some coordinating napkins! They are so adorable and from this post I realized I didn't have mine out yet. Thanks for the brain tweaking :-)

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Ha! That's priceless! He is so adorable!

Lorie said...

This is adorable!!! Thanks for stopping by Reading Confetti!

Suzy said...

Hi Christie. These are so cute and the one that you made is adorable!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job..It is too cute..

Sarah said...

Christie, your Swedish Santa is darling. Great job!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I love your Santa! What a great touch of Christmas spirit. I am a new follower from the Sundae Scoop. Vicky from Mess For Less

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...