Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Christmas Gift for the Baker



I am a little delayed posting some Christmas ideas, but there are only 343 days until next Christmas!

My neighbor loves to read cookbooks and she hosts several parties around Christmas; really, throughout the year.  I get exhausted watching her prepare for these parties!  Around Thanksgiving, she hauls in twenty live Christmas trees for every room in her house!  I had trouble getting one decorated this year!
 Cream Patisserie Cake Carrier
World Market had the red cake carriers during Christmas, but may be sold out by now.  They still carry this cute cream and green one.  The top part can hold a pie.
The "Southern Cakes" cookbook came from Barnes & Noble.


I wasn't as prepared this Christmas as I usually am.  I will try to plan now for next year by seeing what activities or parties we can eliminate and by planning for gifts. 

I'll share a few more gift ideas soon, just in case you like to plan early!

I hope you have a wonderful day! 


 
Pin It Now!

10 comments :

chateau chic said...

Cute, cute gift idea. If only I would start earlier for next year, I'd be in better shape by the time the holidays rolled around!
Mary Alice

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What a great idea! This could be used for a great gift anytime of the year!

Blondie's Journal said...

I actually like the green and cream cake carrier better than the red!

Twenty trees? Now this lady loves Christmas! :)

XO,
Jane

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I am tucking this great idea away. I give gifts that I would enjoy receiving.

Anonymous said...

Great gift idea..

Tardevil said...

If you ever mall shop, Dillard's always has a Southern Living Christmas cookbook. This past year, it was mostly cookies, which costs $10 and benefits Ronald McDonald House. It is great for teacher's gifts, etc. It is never to early to shop for Christmas!

Kathy F. said...

I would love to see photos (outside or in) of the neighbors house! I love to decorate but also appreciate all the work that goes into it when someone else is doing it as well.

Anne said...

20 Christmas trees!!?? wow....

Love the red/white cake tin, always gives me inspiration, but have to be careful of new purchases as out of kitchen space for new things

Katherines Corner said...

what a terrific idea, xo

Animal Print Gal said...

I love the idea, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...