Wednesday, June 22, 2011

S'Mores Cupcakes Recipe

{I got a little carried away with the photography!}

Thank you, Amy  at All Things Home (adorable blog! Pay her a visit!) for reminding me to post this!  I served these cupcakes last month at my son's 'Great Outdoors' birthday party.  It was too hot for real s'mores, so these cupcakes were perfect!  I searched the web for a recipe and ended up combining several different ones to make these.

S'mores Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Fudge Cake Mix
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels
Hershey Bars
Frosting
1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 or 2 tsp milk

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.  In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter (you can add 1/4 cup sugar to this if you want the crust a bit sweeter.  I only added the butter.)  Add approximately 1 tablespoon of crumbs to the bottom of each muffin cup.  Use a small circular object to press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of each liner (I used a small juice glass.)  Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.


2.  Add a few semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels on top of the crust in each cup.  This is what I had on hand, but you could use whatever chocolate you have.

3.  Add the cake mixture evenly to the cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full and bake according to package instructions until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then cool completely on a wire rack.

4.  Remove lid and foil from jar of marshmallow creme.  Soften marshmallow creme for easy removal from jar, by placing in the microwave on high for 15-20 seconds.  In a large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, butter and powdered sugar on low speed until blended.  Beat in enough milk, 1/2 tsp at a time, to make desired consistency.  After cupcakes have cooled, pipe frosting on top.

5. You can 'toast' the marshmallow frosting with a kitchen torch or just top with a rectangle of Hershey's chocolate.

Enjoy!

I am linking to

and to my favorite links!






Pin It Now!

19 comments :

Susan said...

Yum! Yum! I have been waiting for your recipe and here it is. I'm going to make these for the Fourth Of July Party we're having. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with us!
Love your blog!!!
Susan

Amy Kinser said...

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, Christie. I have it printed off and ready to make for my friend in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to try these.

Now I just need to try to make this outdoor party look like something like you would do.

Thanks for stopping by my place. So nice to visit with you.

Blessings, Amy

Jo said...

Cute birthday celebration. These cupcakes look and sound delish! They would be perfect for our 4th of July gathering ~ thanks for sharing.

Jo

Comeca Jones said...

They are almost too pretty to eat!

birdie blue said...

they look absolutely delicious, christie. thanks for the recipe, i'll have to give it a go.

xo
~molly

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

My daughter will want to make them, yum!!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Mmmmmm. They look delicious. You take such wonderful pictures. I felt like I could just pick one off the screen and eat it! Good for you!!!!
Julie

Anonymous said...

These cupcakes sound delishes and look beautiful..Thanks for the recipe..
Janet

Anonymous said...

Yum! Can wait to make these. :) Thanks for sharing!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Yum! Just added to my recipe folder. :)

Unknown said...

those look sooo yummy!!!! I bet you could make Smores Sandwich cookies too by modifying this recipe....


http://coffeecupcakes.blogspot.com/2011/06/red-velvet-sandwich-cookies.html

let me know if you try it

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Saw you at Paisley Passions. These look and sound delicious! I can't wait to try them!

keatseatsblog said...

I LOVE your cupcake stand. And the cupcakes look so tasty!! Nothing better than a Smores Cupcake. I'd love for you to link up to my sweet treats party this weekend. Hope to see you there!
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You've done it again!
Another Friday's Favorite for sure :-)

Megan said...

These look so delicious. I love smores!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Neat! I am a new follower and I would love if you came and followed me back at A Sew Chic Boutique!

magi said...

Your cake work is awesome!! I hope one day I'll be able to decorate like this!

Cake Display

Samantha said...

I was just curious how you got your icing thick enough to pipe up. I have attempted these twice now and they taste absolutely delicious and everyone loves them but my icing is really runny. I did not use any milk the second batch I made but still had the same problem. Any tips would be helpful!

Anonymous said...

Did I miss where you are to make up the Fudge Cake mix? On first read it looks like we are to just sprinkle the cake mix from the box onto the crust layer. I assume we are to first make up the cake mix (need to add cake mix ingredients to the ingredients list)and then put the batter on the crust.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...