Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Symmetrically Simple Summer Mantel

I think my mantel is pretty traditional looking in my hodge podge style home!  This is my little summer spruce up!
 
I found these  Spode plates called, 'Spodes Wicker Dell' for ten bucks a piece at a consignment store.  Reasonable, I thought and purchased them to brighten up my mantel.  After a little research, because they are marked with an old stamp, these plates were probably made around 1930.  Ebay sells this plate for around $22 a plate.  Needless to say, I was thrilled that I paid less than half!
The wooden box belonged to my grandparents.  Their marriage certificate is still in there.
This ironstone pitcher is old, and I only have one.
I purchased this small vase from Homegoods for about six bucks.  It provides some balance without being exactly the same!
Mantel after Christmas.  Blah.  Yellow tipped roses can make anything look more beautiful!
A Woodland Mantel Christmas 2010

I am linking to these great sites!  Check them out for some summer inspiration!
I am also joining The Lettered Cottage for their Summer Mantels and Ideas party!  Stop by for some great ideas!


Pin It Now!

11 comments :

It's me said...

It looks so great !!...xxx....Ria...

Farah said...

Hello Christie...
Love your vintage wooden box and pitcher...Mental looks cheery... good sense of decor with simplicity and elegance
hope you would like to vist my PINKIES

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/

Love

Farah

gina said...

Looks beautiful!! I remember seeing a picture of your Christmas mantle and have it saved.....so calming among the hustle and bustle of the season. That print above your mantle is gorgeous too.

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

It is beautiful and classic. I love the plates (I have a fetish for vintage brown transferware/china)!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your mantel is beautiful. I love that you have their marriage certificate inside the lovely box.

hugs
Sissie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your mantel looks fabulous. I love the plates, and the ironstone with the roses are stunning. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

At The Picket Fence said...

It's just lovely Christie! I cracked up at your title though because I have been trying to get LESS symmetrical on my mantels...trying being the operative word! :-) I adore that you have that box in the middle with your grandparents marriage certificate. How special!
Vanessa

Lori said...

Gotta love roses any color, but the yellow ones are perfect.

Sarah said...

Christi, lover those yellow roses! Your mantel looks wonderful. I'm still trying to decide how I might change our mantel.
I've always known that pattern as Spode Buttercup. Is it marked with the other name? I have two friends who have this pattern, and I've long admired it. ~ Sarah

Donna said...

I think it 's very pretty. I love the bird picture.
D

Anonymous said...

Your mantle looks beautiful!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...