Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome Fall and Apartment Therapy

Now, that I have said 'goodbye' to my beloved summer, I can welcome fall!

What a nice surprise to find a feature at Apartment Therapy of the tree house!  As excited as I was, my husband was even more excited!   Thanks Katie at Apartment Therapy!
3pixielane1.jpg
Summer is just about to come to a close, but we hope you don't mind if we slip in one more outdoor space. This beautiful tree house absolutely made our jaws drop. Plus it looks so cozy with its plaid bunting, army blanket pillow, and comfy reading nook that we think it would be the perfect spot to snuggle up with a mug of hot cocoa and watch the leaves change colors this Fall.
3pixielane2.jpg
Christie of Three Pixie Lane wrote that her husband and children started working on this tree house last summer as a way to spend time together. The finished project is completely stunning and has so many sweet details that we don't know where to start. See that chalkboard? It's a secret door that leads out onto a hidden deck. And the "Lake" pillow? Christie made that from her grandfather's old army blanket. She even made the cage pendant light! Christie, who doesn't consider herself to be a particularly crafty person (ha!), posted plenty of beautiful pictures of the details over at Three Pixie Lane, so be sure to head over to check it out.

A reader told me about the feature and when I went looking I found another feature of my daughter's bedroom here!  Thanks Apartment Therapy!  What a nice surprise!

(Images: Christie/Three Pixie Lane)

Thanks for stopping by! 
Pin It Now!

11 comments :

birdie blue said...

well done, christie. i'm not surprised they would choose to feature your beautiful posts.

sending you lots of sunshine and brilliant blue skies.
xo
molly

Kelly said...

I can't get over how neat that tree house is. You're very deserving for it to be featured.

At The Picket Fence said...

Congrats Christie! I remember my own jaw-dropping when I saw that tree house as well as your daughter's room! :-)
Have a great rest of your weekend friend,
Vanessa
P.S. Thought of you when I saw "Bab's" new album at Costco the other day! :-)

Patty Marker said...

I can certainly see why it was featured. How nice that you all worked together on this project. I'm sure it makes it all the more special to spend time in there. Beautiful job to all of you. Patty

Anonymous said...

What a compliment to be featured..I remember my reaction when I saw the tree house..I asked my husband if we could do that in our backyard for our grandson..
Janet

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Congratulations, Christie! Of course you were featured! You have so many wonderful things going on over here at Three Pixie Lane!
Yvonne

Stephanie said...

So fun to be featured - congrats!

Sarah said...

christi, I've had limited time on the computer so good some time this evening to enjoy your recent posts. Your summer photos of your beautiful family are spectacular. Happy Autumn.

Sarah said...

Christi, I've had limited time on the computer of late but enjoyed catching up on your recent posts this evening. Your photos of your beautiful family made me smile. Happy Autumn. ~ Sarah

Vicki said...

What a pleasant surprise! I am crazy for that first picture of the chair and pumpkin.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

So fabulous! Thanks for linking up to The "Autumn Décor" Talent Scouting Party at WhisperWood Cottage!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...