Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions, Words of Wisdom and Good Advice


 'Living life' (one of my resolutions) with my children ice skating at Sugar Mountain, NC Christmas 2011


We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.  ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce (1904)

1. "Stop plowing a field in your mind; nothing gets accomplished when you do." Mr. Walton from The Walton's.

2. "We must never apologize for living life." My dear blogging friend, Christie at Grammy's House...A Quaint Victorian Cottage sent me a message with these wise words. Often, I am apologizing to someone for something I forgot or was late doing or didn't do. My excuses stumble out of that...I am living life...life with Rob and my children and both sides of our families in town and activities, the occasional illness or interruptions will naturally cause delays! I need to stop apologizing...this is the season the Lord has me, and I need not be sorry.

3. "We all make decisions based on our past experiences, present circumstances, and future desires. None will look the same." Podcast by Andy Stanley
We need to get our judgments in check. How people make decisions is actually fascinating. We tend to judge if a decision is different than our own.

4. What is right for one person or for one family may not be right for another. We are all unique and praise God that we are, or life would be so boring!

5. "When you say, "Yes" to something, you are saying "No" to something else." Lysa Terkeurst
I am very careful what I say 'Yes' to and what I allow the children to say 'Yes' to; usually too many times saying 'Yes' to other things means saying 'No' to family time. We have to pray about what we take on and what activities we do, because each person affects the whole. Usually, a 'Yes' for one person, means a sacrifice for the rest of the family. I am very protective of our time.

6. Have grace with each other. I thank the Lord for good friends whom have an exorbitant amount of grace with me...for all those times I forgot, I didn't do or was late doing, and for loving me despite my glaring sins. After all, we get each other and we understand. We are right where we are, and life is busy raising children. I thank the Lord for the grace He gives me every day and for a husband who chooses to give me grace. I need to work on showing grace to others, because what a gift it is to me!

7. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free. ~Luke 4:18
Have you ever met someone who is free? He or she gets it. They are free and not bound by the pressures of society. They are free and not concerned with images. Freedom may not come easy and it may come with huge sacrifices, but these people get it. Have you seen it? Have you met them? I have. I know people who are free. I want it. Discover what is keeping you in bondage and pray to be set free. Are you in bondage to order and cleanliness? Are you in bondage to materialism or words of affirmation from others? Whatever it is, seek the Lord and seek freedom. Here are a few strongholds in my life: materialism, comfort, food, too consumed with my children, etc. I am seeking Him and seeking freedom!

8. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself. Luke 10:27
Choose people over perfection and the relationship over the task. Really everything boils down to this verse in the Bible. Often we miss it with our lists or our tasks and trying to do good or trying to be good or thinking we are good enough. We can never do anything to earn our way into heaven. Loving Him and trying our best to love others as much as we love ourselves would probably offer the freedom in number 7!

9. Live simple. Simplicity is available to us if we choose it. We fool ourselves into thinking technological advances make our lives easier. Maybe. But we miss out on face-to face conversations and interactions. We miss out on quality time with each other. I am not sure that sending a text message qualifies as 'loving my neighbor...' I am guilty. I admit it. I am told that I must 'get with the times', because this is my children's future. I want to understand technology. I just don't want to be replaced or controlled by it. I still want my children to learn correct English and have good penmanship; in an age of texting, this is diminishing. I still want to sit on a porch swing instead of an XBox image of a swing with an avatar of me seeing how fast I can swing and beat my opponent. And this returns me to no. 1 with Mr. Walton. Oh, how desperately I want to be his daughter and live on Walton's mountain!

10. Live life. Theodore Roosevelt said, "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Don't wait until you lose ten, twenty, thirty pounds. For many of us, this is the deal. "When I loose the weight, I will...play with my kids; run a race; go to the gym; fit into that outfit; put on a bathing suit; go out with friends; go on a date..." Live life now. "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" and do it now.

Jesus sees me through grace-tinted lenses and He loves me! He loves you, too. I pray that you see the grace that abounds and feel it in your heart as you enter 2012!

What are your resolutions?

Happy New Year!








Pin It Now!

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

Do you have a website or product you would like to promote and increase traffic to?

I am an experienced internet marketer that can promise you results and I can increase the traffic to your website by at least 200% or 300% within days. Most website and business owners complain that their main problem is that they simply do not get enough traffic to their website. Also, if you would like to create your own website but do not know how, I can create a website for you using iPage. I charge $150 US dollars per website, and this includes your own unique domain name (www.) and site hosting, as well as site design.

Question: Can I do a free trial first before I commit?

Answer: Yes, we can do a FREE two-day trial test run where I promote your website for you and if after the FREE two-day trial test run you are satisfied and confident with the results we can continue on and make a contract.

Contact me at GetMoreHitsJW@yahoo.com for consulting and let's discuss your proposal and begin your FREE two-day trial test run.

Q: How much do I charge?

A: I charge $10 US dollars per day. That is an extremely cheap rate as compared to most other Internet Marketing companies.

Q: What is the length of my contracts?

A: I offer open-ended contracts- for a a week, two weeks, a month, or however long you would like. It's all up to you.

Q: What if you want to promote your website yourself, and need a how-to guide and lists to help you do that?

A: You can buy my eBook "How to Make Money Online Marketing Your Product or Website (2012 Edition)", where I reveal all of my secrets to internet marketing.

How to Make Money Online Marketing your Product or Website (2012 Edition)

-In this book you will get tips on how to create a product or website

-In this book you will learn how to write a short advertisement for your product or website

-In this book you will receive a list of over 600 of the most active Facebook groups with the largest memberships which are the ideal places to advertise for your product or website

-In this book you will receive a list of over 700 blogs that have blogrolls, making it very efficient for you advertise your product or website

-Building these lists took me over 500 hours of work and effort. These lists alone makes my book far worth the $12.99 price

Buy How to Make Money Online Marketing your Product or Website (2012 Edition) for $12.99:
http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/how-to-make-money-online-marketing-your-product-or-website/18781395

Please contact me for consulting and let's discuss how we can increase traffic to your website. Email me at GetMoreHitsJW@yahoo.com

Susan Freeman said...

Wonderful resolutions Christie! Wishing you and yours a very happy and blessed 2012.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Francine Gardner said...

Wonderful words to start the New Year. I ache to live a simpler life and was very taken by your words.
Happy New year to you!

Christie said...

It's me said...
Gelukkig Nieuwjaar !!!....ik hoop dat al je dromen mogen uitkomen......Liefs Ria...xxx...


Happy New Year !!!...I hope all your dreams may come true....Love Ria....xxx.....

January 1, 2012 4:22 AM
Rebecca said...
Oh, Christie. ALL of these fit MY need and desires for 2012 so perfectly. Well stated, my friend. My "word" for 2012 is graciousness. The one about judgement fits so beautifully. Well, actually, ALL of them do.

I wish you GREAT joy, freedom and blessings as you enter 2012 in HIS GREAT GRACE.

Unknown said...

what a great post. Thank you for such inspiration for the new year.

Gail said...

Christie, your words and the quotes you chose really spoke to me...thank you so much for sharing your heart and life with us in 2011, and looking forward to more of it in 2012! The 2 things that spoke to me the most were "freedom" and "living life now". Great things to remember (and embrace!) as we enter the new year. Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

Hugs,
Gail

Christie Jones Ray said...

Oh, Christie! What an incredible post...I am humbled and honored. God is so good and so faithful, giving us just what we need at just the right time.
Hug your children, kiss your husband, love the ones close to you, and everything else will fall into it's place.
Blessings for this brand new year,
Christie

Leslie's Garden said...

I could cut and paste all of these for my resolutions for the year! But I think "Love the Lord your God with all your heart...", will take care of just about anything! Thanks for the thoughtful post.

Finding Home said...

What a GREAT post! Thank you thank you thank you!

Karen said...

Thank you for your post. Your words just sunk right into my heart. :) Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a great post..
Thank you for that..
Happy New Year..

Rebecca said...

Truly wise and challenging resolutions. This year I am inspired by SO many rich and wonderful statements of intentions to follow Christ Jesus joyfully and live life graciously. Because of the wonderful blog community, I am wildly encouraged by GREAT company! May 2012 find you faithful and blessed there at Three Pixie Lane :)

Shauna said...

Great reminders to slow down and appreciate who we are and what we have. I agree with you about living on Walton's mountain :) Thanks for your words.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Just beautiful, Christie!!! There are so many nuggets of wisdom here. My resolutions for this new year really culminate in just one...to "live my life" as though this day were my last.

God bless you on your journey!

Hugs,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...