Monday, June 14, 2010

A Girl's Shed...No Boys Allowed

 The building crew consisted of my husband, Rob, my son, Mason, my dog, Toby, and my brother (adopted), Daniel.  They worked so hard to make a space for my garden things and other stuff.  (I am suspicious that the motivation came from my husband seeking for his shed to finally be his shed and rid of all my things!)  You will notice a little 'Pixie' on the scene...there is sure to be one somewhere!  She enjoys making mud pies and play dough cookies in the shed, while I tinker! 

Some of my favorite things...
The large basket on the wall that holds my smaller baskets and jars for holding vegetables
The children's art work (we live at the lake, so the fish are at home)
 The chandelier given to me by my sister (I hung it from a piece of rope and an old pully)
 My grandfather's old canteen that he carried as a soldier
 Daniel's oar (he has traveled the world as a missionary and always gives his things away before he goes)
 The wild flowers that the children and I picked on the side of the road
The 1966 copy of Reader's Digest Complete Book of the Garden (this was my mother's)
The little white table and bench from our neighbor whose children and grand-children are grown
The old minnow bucket (my grand-daddy taught me how to fish)
The little white truck with the bird's nest (it was black, so I spray painted and topped it with a nest)
The old white gate from another neighbor
The $3 white stool found by a friend
The herb boxes that hold my tools and gloves

These things are my 'favorites' because they remind me of the people in my life...some have passed and some I don't get to see very often.  It is certain, though, that when I walk into this little shed everyday, I remember the people and the hands that held these things!

I have added many new things to the shed!  Click here to see!

I have edited this post for the Porch and Garden Party!

I am linking to




Pin It Now!

30 comments :

Haverford House said...

Hi Christie! Thanks for stopping by my place - hey great minds think alike! I love how you used your little truck! I'm so jealous of your potting shed a.k.a. ~ Girls Club House! What fun! ~Marcy

COTTAG3 said...

This is awesome! This would have been my dream as a little girl (and as a big girl now!). I love every little detail about it. I'm just jealous of it frankly :)

One Cheap B*tch said...

Now that's MY kind of shed! Love it! I transformed our greenhouse into a tea room and NO boys are allowed! =)

Jeanine

Lesslie said...

What beautiful craftmanship on the boys part! It's a shame they aren't allowed! NOT! Hee! Hee! You've got your crew trained well and I need some tips on how to do that one! I like the sweetness to all of your memories of the people behind the treasures you've kept over the years. I wish I held the same sentimental value to things....I yearn and miss the actual people so....it's fun to see their things in a personal space in your fabulous shed and I'm embracing the fact that I have a sister that loves to collect them! I can't wait to visit and view up close. I will be sure to bring a 'shed warming' gift! Love you! Tell Rob and Daniel I said, EXCELLENT job! Loved the 'Pixie' in one of the photos.

Unknown said...

how adorable!

KimMalk said...

Wow, it looks like a big-girl playhouse, how fun. I really like that big basket container on the wall, awesome.

Kim said...

I have shed envy.
xoxo,
Kim

Kim said...

Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but I just posted about this on my blog!!
http://kimsdomesticbliss.blogspot.com/2010/06/shed-envy.html
xoxo,
Kim

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

This is just too cute. I have been wanting a shed for quite some time. I will have to show this to my husband. Thanks for sharing it with us and I look forward to more posts.

Charlotte said...

I found this site and your other blog through My Domestic Bliss (Kim). Are you from Rock Hill? I absolutely love the shed. Please visit my blog at yardsalesandcrochet.blogspot.com.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Kim send me over and I'm glad she did...what an awesome play house you have girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Kim told us about you lovely shed....and since it is for girls only, I'll be right over! How adorable. That hubs gets an extra hug for this one I would imagine. I would love a "playhouse". We really never grow up!

All That Glitters said...

Oh how so pretty!!!! I love a hundred things about that shed and inside it! I can already tell you are going to have a beautiful blog! I'm visiting from Kim's! Happy new follower!
~Jennifer

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Hi Christie~ just hopped over from My Domestic Bliss! Just love your shed~ I would love to have a fun place like this! I'm looking forward to reading more...I am a new follower!

MJ said...

its beautiful....im soooooo jealous! i have many special items from friends and loved ones...its great you have a nice place for them. thumbs up for hubby and his crew

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! thank you for sharing it with us....smiles.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Oh how precious...this shed is the cutest thing.
I have been exploring your other blog posts, and it is such a delight too! I am so glad I found you through Kim at My Domestic Bliss :)
I will be back to visit you again soon.
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Katie Olthoff said...

Gorgeous! I'm jealous. :)

Charity said...

I love it! And I love how the things inside have special meaning to you...I'd love to come garden with you :)

vignette design said...

This is so cute. I want a girls only shed too!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

That is adorable!

A Hint of Home said...

What a great idea! Give us a call if you have a girl's night out! Too cute.

Linda said...

What a delightful little shed...I am gonna have to talk to my husband....

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

So sweet! I would love to have a shed like this in our yard. Thanks for sharing!

Cassie Bustamante said...

now that is adorable! i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Christie! I am pretty envious of your space. :) I love the stepping stones!! It's so light an airy inside. Good job with accessories! I'm visiting from The CSI Project today. :)

Tammy said...

Okay I now have shed envy thanks alot :) So, when can I come visit and hang out in that cool place?
tammy

ChRiS said...

that has to be 1 of the most adorable shed's i have seen.

Denise C said...

What a fabulous shed. The piece you have hanging on the wall to hold your baskets is great - is that an old clothes hamper maybe? I also went to the updated post and saw the mantle. Wow! There's something about having sentimental things around that make you feel like the people they came from are right there with you.
Thanks for linking up to my party!!! I enjoy your posts so much.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Every girl needs a shed! I picked out the one I wanted when we moved to the farm. The Yankee needed a place for all his tools - temporarily. Five years later, and I'm still waiting for "my" shed. lol

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...