Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Lesson for Little Ones

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ~ Isaiah 9:6

 My friend Joy suggested that I do this fun lesson with my children during the holiday season to help them focus on Christ.  I print this list and tell them to listen for different names for Jesus while we are in church.  This list is by my son Mason who is seven years old.  It is so neat to compare the list from last year!  It gets tricky with letters like 'X,' but we discovered that 'X' is the symbol for Christ!  For 'Z' we listed 'Zion King!'

  For the letter 'U' Mason wrote 'Unworldly.'  I am not sure I could have come up with that at my age and certainly not at the age of seven!  Joy's children are older so she tailors a lesson each season for them and prepares it early in the season.  What a great idea to help keep our focus on Him!

This week I will be sharing all of our family traditions!
~
Merry Christmas!

 
Pin It Now!

6 comments :

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's really great! I just love the idea ... what a great way to learn and a great way to keep the focus during this season.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You have one very smart seven year old. I wouldn't have thought of that either. Great lesson.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to focus on Christ this time of year! Your son's list is amazing :)

Merry CHRISTmas!
Gail

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

GREAT idea! Merry Christmas!
-Trish

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Christie I just visited your GORGEOUS mantel post and left a little message.
This is such a beautiful idea to help ALL OF US know our King better. Mason is a smart and blessed little guy!

I always said to my children, How can you serve a God you do not know? It is important to know everything you can about Him... He is our family!

I am swelled with joy to see how you raise your precious little ones. It is the best thing you will ever do!
With lots of love,
Yvonne

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

LOVE that idea Christie! ;) Merry Christmas my friend~*~Hugs, Rachel

*French Farmhouse 425*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...