Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Monogrammed Life

One of my favorite monograms is this cake cloche with my grandmother's initials.
I decorated this 'T' with different kinds of moss and dressed it up with a bow and broach of my grandmothers.
The monogrammed burlap pillow (ETSY) was a gift given to us.  I like that it lends a touch of 'casualness' to the porch.
Another 'T' initial fills this space in the laundry room.
This letter 'G' was a gift for a friend.  These moss-covered letters look great on an outdoor table or hanging on a porch. 
Of course, bags to hold all of our things are monogrammed!  The napkins are embroidered with 'PICNIC' on them.
Easter baskets that we reuse each year are monogrammed with the children's names.
A very talented friend decorated this little chair for my youngest daughter when she was born.
An ecru color monogram looks sharp against white sheets.
These pillow cases were a gift from my sister and I love the 'tone on tone' monogram.  For fun, she monogrammed my husband's initials in a different font than mine!
Here is another 'tone on tone' monogram.  I love the 'white on white.'
I collect children's aprons and monogram some for my daughters.  This one is hanging on a hook in my kitchen.
This is another gift from my sister.  She did the same little fun monograms as the pillows but on these extra large towels.
In order to keep up with the children's towels in public places, why not embroider them!  These super cute, inexpensive towels are from TJMaxx.  Gift idea: wrap monogrammed towel in a pair of goggles!
This is another monogrammed apron for my youngest daughter.
Most places that monogram can add flourishes such as this one in my daughter's room.
This vintage white monogrammed pillow was found in an antique store.  It was hand-embroidered.
Another monogram pillow accents my daughter's bed.
This sweet little picnic basket was monogrammed for a friend of my daughter's.
The same friend that painted the little black chair painted my clay pot for the front porch.

In the South, it seems that folks monogram everything from candles to cars!  I love the look of the monogram and while I have posted a good bit of things in our house that are monogrammed, I don't display all of these at once.

"Historically, a monogram was used as a royal signature. Romans and Greeks used them on coins to identify their rulers. Then, in the Middle Ages, artisans began to use them to sign their work. Victorian-period high-class persons adapted the monogram for personal use as a symbol of their place in society. 


In the Victorian era, rules for monograms were quite simple and few. Female monograms had the first initial on the left, middle initial on the right, and last initial embroidered larger in the middle. But the rules are hardly simple anymore. A monogram can be playful, whimsical, flamboyant, traditional, elegant, or understated; the number of choices today is almost infinite. Many still choose to use the traditional Victorian female model, but now there is a traditional male model of first, middle, last, all in the same size, and there are numerous styles to choose from."  www.articlesbase.com

I am linking to these great parties!
Pin It Now!

29 comments :

All That Glitters said...

Love, love, love all of your monogrammed stuff!!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love all of your monograms. Everyone of your pictures is so full of fabulous eye candy. I enjoyed them all. Hugs, Marty

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Love all of the monograms!! My mom and I recently purchased a monogramming machine, I so need to take the time to monogram all of my stuff.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christie, I love your style! I didn't realize you had only been blogging for two months. I predict a huge following of your lovely blog. Your monograms are so pretty, but I REALLY love the way you've photographed all of them. I also love that room with the two iron beds. Is that in your home? Are the beds vintage? The patterns and colors in that room are wonderful. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things Sat., and thank you for being okay with your photo being on my blog. Have a great weekend. laurie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I forgot to tell you that I will be a follower on your blog as soon as I can figure out how to delete some of my "follows" I'm already signed up for. Blogger says I can't add any more to my list of Blogs I am following until I delete some, but they don't make it easy to delete them. laurie

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh my goodness, I so love this idea of monogramming everything! Especially your daughters room and your grandmother cloche, it is to die for pretty! But then I have said that about your entire blog...beautiful,beautiful, beautiful! Its is my favorite to date! Just love it and the photgraphy! And thank you for stopping by my blog and your wonderful comment, it means the world to me!
Terry
Terry

vignette design said...

Love all your monogrammed things, especially the moss covvered T and the cake cloche.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I came over from Laurie's blog. I love your pics and especially that bedroom, it's just stunning! Beautiful pics!!!
Cindy

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Christie, I just found you and I am so happy that I did! I too am new to all this blogging fun, with 3 grand posts to my name. I especially enjoyed your post on the laundry room (note name of my blog), and, as you say, I too am happy for the laundry, because it often increases drastically after a very fun outing! I am your newest follower. Come visit when you have time away from those adorable pixies (2 legged and 4 legged!) Linda

Lynn said...

Everything looks great, beautiful bedroom and I love monograms!

Jacqueline said...

I think I only have one in my whole house. What have I been thinking and doing? Everything you showed is so lovely and evokes such warm feelings. I had better get monogramming (sp?)

Anonymous said...

I can see why the cake cloche would be your favorite ...it's gorgeous! It's even more special because it has your grandmother's monogram on it. :) I love how you displayed the nest and egss inside of it! All of your monogrammed goodies are lovely. Thanks for sharing them with us!
~ Jo :)

The Tablescaper said...

Wow! Now that's a lot of monogramming!!! It sure does add that punch to almost anything. YOu've feathered your next perfectly.

Thanks so much for being a part of Summer Sundays. Looking forward to seeing you next Sunday.

- The Tablescaper

KasiaJ said...

And I thought I loved monograms! I'll have to get to work to get on the same monogram level as you. They're all fabulous.

Lesslie said...

Sweet! Lovin' some of the things I gave you in this piece! I want a picnic basket like the one Ashlyn gave her girlfriend! So cute!

I've always loved Ashlyn's bedroom. Classic!

Julie said...

I agree--We love monograms in the South! And you've got some great ones!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love Monograms too, Christie!! LOVE that chair - it's gorgeous! I don't think I'd want to sit on it, it's too pretty! :)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness.... I love all of your pictures!
The chair is awesome!
Thank you for sharing~
I have signed up to follow.
Leticia
www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

Sassy Sites! said...

Very cute!! I love the laundry room letter!! I am crazy about monograms too! :)Great job! Your blog is so cute with lots of fun ideas here! I'm a follower ...coming from Sassy Sites. :)

Anonymous said...

So many wonderful things! I LOVE THINGS WITH MY NAME ON IT! And, I love all of these great ideas!

Stacey said...

I am in love with all of your monograms! Seriously. Beautiful!

Hootin Anni said...

Cool! I think I like the letter "G" best!!


My Friday Blog - Monkey See, Monkey Do

Hope your weekend treats you well!!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

i really love your daughters bedroom.. i think the colours, the bedsheets just perfect! infact all your photos are lovely!..

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

I could comment on every single picture on this post, because I love everything, but I won't.
Ha ha...

I LOVE anything monogrammed! I had a friend in high school who had so many monogrammed things and I was just enamored with it!

Thanks for playing Friday Pretties. I just love your blog!

Very Fun,
Joyce

Nancy said...

Wow - everything's monogrammed! And it's all fabulous. Love the red toile bedroom - just gorgeous. :) Nancy

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Oh me oh my, all your pictures are PRETTY! I love aprons.. I love the colors in your pictures, pure Happiness. Just found you through Friday Pretties..
Wishing you a sunshine-filled weekend! xx

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love every single one of these! A sewing machine that will do monograms is on my big wish list. You have such a good eye for beautiful things.

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

That cloche is to die for! Thanks for sharing all your monograms ;-).

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

Mark and Ashlie said...

I absolutely LOVE monograms as well! Thanks for sharing these great pics. Your daughter's room is adorable. Come link up again to this week's Sister Sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...