Friday, January 6, 2012

353 Days Until Christmas...

This is the last of my Christmas decor!  I could have waited another 350 days or so to share, but I will be on to something else!  Which is probably where all of you are right now with Christmas 2011...onto something else!  Those of you visiting, thanks for hanging in there with me!
This is my challenge space - the dining room.  It is the room where I put the (free) French country hutch (below.)  The problem is the oak table and chairs don't match the hutch.  I put some French chairs from around the house and the Swedish bench from my daughter's room at the table. I need a much bigger table cloth and an oval one would be nice!  There are some beautiful ones on ETSY. The split oak basket is very old and holds a vintage street sign.  I ran out of time to figure out where to hang it, so in the basket it went.  25th Street...Dec. 25...that is where I was going!
This mid-century reindeer is one of my favorite decorations.  Many people inquired about him from last Christmas, but there are no markings on it.  I purchased it at Summer Classics.
Next to my armoire is one of the oak chairs that was around the dining room table.
My friend Jenn gave me this wonderful pillow made of a coffee grain sack for my birthday.  Her friend who has a sweet little business called, "High Cotton" (here) made it.  She is very talented!
 
Here is our little Jesse tree. We all loved doing this and it really helped us to stay focused on the meaning of Christmas.  I printed some of the ornaments and purchased a few others.  You can check out Pinterest for lots of different ideas for your Jesse tree ornaments.
This is supposed to be our 'formal' living space, but there isn't anything formal about it.  We pile into this room most nights.
 I found this pillow at Belk on sale for $20.  I love it and what a deal for a needlepoint pillow!
This smallish tree sat on our porch.  The season has been warm enough, so I put out a few decorations to enjoy the milder Christmas!  The container came from Tuesday Morning; small lights from Restoration Hardware.


Thanks for hanging in there with me!
Pin It Now!

10 comments :

It's me said...

Have a nice weekend darling....love from me...xxx....every day is the best day !!!

Jody@northernliving said...

I love christmas pictures any time of the year. Keep them coming.

Rebecca said...

Since when do things have to "match"? I think your rooms look warm, personal, interesting and inviting!

Marsha said...

HI, Christie,

I have ejoyed your wonderful Christmas posts. I was eager to read about the visit to the Billy Graham Library. That sounds like a treat.
Love the 25th Street sign. Glad you mentioned it here.
Thanks for your kind words on my late Christmas postings.
Marsha @ marshascreeksidecreations

rachel@Acts of Life said...

You have a lovely home Christie. That hutch piece is great...and it was free? How lucky is that! I love the large wooden armoire in your living room and the huge basket on top filled with greenery. The red and white checked blanket caught my eye too! It all looks so cozy! I have yet to take any Christmas stuff down..that will be how I spend my weekend. I am having a giveaway at my blog, I would love for you to check it out.
http://rachel-velazquez.blogspot.com/2012/01/give-awayand-its-from-europe.html

Have a good night,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love reading all of your posts..They are heartfelt and a meaning is usually behind them..Your home is always decorated beautifully and looks lived in and homey..Goodness and Kindness..What we should all strive to be like..I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2012..The pressure is on..LOL
Have a great weekend..

Tardevil said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have not taken down 1 thing. I may start this weekend, if I can stop shopping the end of season sales. ;o) Got to find out what a Jesse tree is. Good deal on the deer pillow. Like the buffalo check throw and the wicker basket the tree is in on the outside porch.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Need (not want) that mid century reindeer - he's very Mad Men!
Kelly

High Cotton said...

Christie - your house is so very charming and welcoming! Thank you so much for the compliment - I'm afraid my novice skills are undeserving of praise, but I appreciate it none the less!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How darn cute.... love that reindeer. Hilarious.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...