Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A White Deer Head DIY

 I have wanted one of these white deer heads for some time.  I found one in Charlotte at a cute shop, but the price wasn't cute...$100.
Here it hangs on the wall between the shutters in my daughter's room.  It is hanging a bit high, but I had already put so many holes in the wall; hence, the wreath around his neck to mask the holes.
I found this silver one at TJMaxx.  I know!  Can you believe it?  I love the Maxx.  They had two, and I wish I had grabbed both!  Often, I find a good deal and think I need more than one, which really eliminates the whole idea of saving money...trying to buy just one, when I see a good deal.

Here is one I found online for about $50.  I purchased mine for $14 and I already had the flat white paint.
paper deer head
I will definitely be making this one for Christmas next year!  Dusty Coyote did an awesome job making it.  Her display is so great, too!  Pay her a visit and see the colorful one she made, too!  Tell her you came over from TPL!

Here is a puzzle deer head (Books-a-Million) hanging in the tree house (here and here.)  I should take it down and use it as a template to make more deer heads in different colors. Hmmmm....

Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It Now!

8 comments :

Kelly said...

I love this idea too! I wouldn't like to use it silver, but painted white it's perfect! You can leave that our year round.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Christie, I love the deer head. Great idea painting a cheaper model.

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl to of found one..Really cute idea..

Unknown said...

I LOVE your style!!! I totally want you to stop by and join my link party that just opened!!!

XO, Aimee

PS I'm your newest follower and would love to have you return the "love" when you link up!!!

Cottage and Broome said...

Your deer came out great. And I know what you mean about buying more than one item. My husband claims my theory is, if one is good, than three is better…. He might be right! Laura

Dusty Coyote said...

Love how your deer head turned out AND your daughter's room! The nest on the antler is fantastic. Thanks for sharing my guy :)

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Great job, your daughter must be thrilled - I know I would be I'm so determined to get my hands on one of these deer heads! I especially like the silver one, has a bit of a modern take.

paislea said...

wow! what a great tutorial! i love your faux deer head! it looks so much better in white! i love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...