Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Coat Rack or Stocking Holder DIY

I found these cute reindeer hooks at World Market.  They came in white or red.  I know many of you are done with Christmas, but I just couldn't get everything posted!  Plus, if you decide to make one of these racks, you might find the hooks on clearance.  I love the after Christmas sales!
 I took another board from my stash of old boards found in Charleston, SC, measured the spots to drill and added the hooks.
I haven't decided where I will use this.  I might figure out a way to attach it to my fireplace mantel and use it next year to hold my stockings.
 These hooks were a couple of bucks each.  I bought the old boards in bulk, so this one is probably less than a $1. 
 
The little felt red bird was made by my mom.  I have six.  I am sharing it, because I think these would be cute to remake...so many of you are super talented in the felt/craft area.  I think it is funny that the clothespins she used were orange!  She used to clip this to the limbs of our tree.  I love to see the little things around my house that remind me of her...she was a sweet, sweet mom.
 I perched the board on the molding in my mudroom.  I am not sure where I want to drill holes for it...maybe my shed until next year!

Thanks for stopping by!
Click here to see resolutions, words of wisdom and good advice I have gathered and share with me any other great bits of advice!

Links:
Pin It Now!

16 comments :

Blessed Serendipity said...

Those hooks are darling. Love them mixed with the vintage molding piece. I would leave this out all year.

Danielle

Dusty Coyote said...

Those hooks are so cute! Love the board and the stockings too. I'll have to get out to World Market and see if any are left.
Very sweet bird :)
I just saw the pendant light you made for the tree house. ADORABLE! I have almost the same thing in my living room. EXACT same bulb...I love those vintage bulbs. Mine is on a dimmer and is so pretty when it's just barely on.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hello friend! I'm getting all caught up after being gone last week and have so enjoyed reading your last few posts. :-) The stocking hooks are so fantastic and that deer head is incredible! Loved seeing your beautiful, serene bathroom too and it is so fun to see more of your lovely home. Thanks for your sweet comments while we were gone!
Vanessa

Country Charm said...

I like your redbirds! Also the reindeer hooks...
I have Christmas deccorations down but I'm striving to keep Christmas in my heart all year round.

Blessings...Betty

Kelly said...

Love that! That was such a clever idea. I love World Market. I bet those hooks are part of their after Christmas sale going on right now too.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea..I really like the hooks and the felt bird is adorable..What a sweet reminder of your mom..

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I love the deer hooks....I think the World Market is real close to where I live now.

Tiffini said...

i think this is just adorable..and oh so clever. the way minds work..never ceases to amaze me. i would have never thought of it:)
happy new year
xo

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are so cute and I love the vintage stockings.

Moore Minutes said...

Oh I just LOVE these! And your stockings are so fun and pretty.

Sue said...

Love ~ I missed those at World Market.

verdelinda said...

Buon 2012!!! Linda

Anonymous said...

Absolutely sweet!!!!

Jules said...

Love your creation! I may give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

coat stand said...

Love these hooks, so creative!

LKP said...

Found this post of yours while I was searching for more "stocking board" inspirations on Google. What darling hooks! Those plus the white-washed, weathered board is perfect together! I too echo the remark of leaving it out all year! The white on white makes it chic & current enough. There's nothing cliche "Christmas" about it to warrant storing it most of the year only to enjoy it for a month & a half. Hope you kept it out! Thanks for the beauty. I'm going to have to pin this for the next time I make a board. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...