Monday, January 2, 2012

The Only All-White Room in the House


Is there anything more relaxing than sitting in a hot bath with a glass of red wine and a good book?
My tub looks out onto the porchYou can see the bistro set and hanging planter through the shutters.
I saw this idea at a shop last Christmas, but have since seen it on Pinterest...putting strips of fabric or printed material in clear ornaments.  I went through some things of my grandparents and found some old bills.  My grandfather kept meticulous records!  I used them to make these ornaments, spray painted the caps white and used old strips of fabric to hang.
It is safe to say, that if I built this house, I would not have put carpet in the bathroom...on the to-do list that is tucked in a drawer somewhere...My husband just finished putting up sheet rock behind the medicine table.  An unused door was in the space.
One of my favorite scents is that of evergreens...I tucked them in everywhere and put Balsam fir candles all over at Christmastime.
The old board is a salvage piece from a historical home in Charleston, SC.  I use it across the tub to hold my things.  I think an old shutter would be cool!



I purchased this old hospital table for ten bucks...what a deal!  The 'tree' candles and pinecone candles were left over from Christmas' past.
The driftwood tree was an 'after Christmas' sale last year.  Lights came from Restoration Hardware.
This is my little space and usually becomes a dumping ground...drives my husband crazy.  I'll add that to my New Year's resolutions...the discipline to keep it neat!
Click here to see more of my resolutions and words of wisdom...

Happy New Year!



Northern Cottage has a new link party on Tuesday!  Pay her a visit!





Pin It Now!

28 comments :

Rebecca said...

What a serene spot and way to spend a quiet night. I like the old board & the ornament especially...

Mel's Designs...'n Harmony said...

As always...you amaze me....this is a do-able project all of us could use....the hospital table is sweet idea too...I may even have a usable board I could use for this bathtub tray...in my shed...gotta go dig it out and clean it up abit...thanks for sharing...Mel

Janette - The2Seasons said...

I love that board across the tub. In our last house, we had a new claw foot tub, and I bought one of the stainless steel racks/baskets for it. I like your idea much more, especially since it's from a historic home. Did you seal it to keep the leaded paint from chipping off?

Designing Domesticity said...

love the plank across the tub. Who needs expensive bath accessories when you have the beauty of natural wood. thanks for sharing. happy 2012! liz

Sue said...

What a beautiful peaceful retreat! Love all of your Christmas touches.
Happy New Year!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Christie:
Christie:

After reading your post, I have to say this looks like a nice relaxing spot....Love the old board that you found in Charleston as a ledge for your items....I can just imagine the smell of balsam in the room also!

Where did you find the caddy? I am looking for one of those for my kitchen....

Okio B Designs said...

Happy new year! Your bathroom looks so warm and inviting. Love all of your little touches!

Jeanine

A Thrifted Market said...

I think its beautiful Christie! Love the idea of the piece of wood laying across the tub to sit things! Happy New Year!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

These pics belong in a magazine! Absolutely beautiful!! Martina

{northern cottage} said...

oh my word I just LOVE it...it's such a great mix of fresh, crisp and clean with chippy yum! A great combination anytime! I would love love to have you link up for my first linky GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

Come on over & join in the fun! xoxo

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Jemsmom said...

Your accessories around your tub are just brilliant! The wood as a holder is perfect and makes me just want to take a soak! I love the trees but the best part is the ornaments with special meaning. Just perfect!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love the board on the tub! It is very pretty and romantic looking with all the candles lit!

Leslie's Garden said...

What a lovely, relaxing place to take a soaking bath! Your photography is really pretty, too!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Ahh...your bathroom looks so serene and relaxing, Christie. I LOVE soaking in a hot bath, while watching the flicker of candle flames all around. It's a total delight for the senses. The only thing missing from your dreamy scenario...music playing softly in the background. ;)

I would love to have you join me again for Time Travel Thursday this week. Hope to see you there!

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Anonymous said...

Christie,
I've half a mind to fill the clawfoot tub and pour a glass of wine. All I need is a chippy plank for a tray.
Lovely!

Maria said...

This looks like such a wonderfully relaxing and cosy spot! Beautifully decorated!!!!! And I love the board on the tub!!!!!! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom looks very relaxing..Simply beautiful..

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

What a relaxing and beautiful space! Love the old salvaged board used as a tub shelf! Very unique!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a peaceful, serene space! I love the board across the tub...perfect for your book & wine. It's nice to see that there are others who still enjoy taking baths!!

Kelly said...

Such a beautiful bathroom! I love the candlelight flickering against the white tile. It's so romantic looking.

Anonymous said...

My goodness what a peaceful haven you have created! It looks perfect. I would love to have the hospital table ! I like how everything is kept simple your candles, the plank of wood. Gorgerous!

Eclectically Vintage said...

A girl after my own heart - red wine and a bath! Love the piece of wood over the tub!
Kelly

Christie said...

Coastal Cottage Dreams, I found the blue caddy at Homegoods last spring! Good luck! Christie

Shirley said...

Looks very relaxing. Love the old board idea across the tub.

Becca Bertotti said...

What a serene and inviting space you have created! Love all of the soft lighting, and, I must say that I love the piece from Charleston laying across the tub ... genious! *Becca* (happily following)

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Marsha said...

I'm all about a nice relaxing bath after a long day. You've got a great set-up. I like the board. Might have to give that a try.
Marsha

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Your bathroom looks lovely. I'm not much of a bath person (showers all the way for me), but I'm almost tempted with how cute yours is. I love that weathered board you use - I wish I could find one to use around the house (especially for taking pictures on).

ilovemyhouse said...

That looks like the perfect bathroom.
XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...