Sunday, June 20, 2010

Red, White and Different Shades of Blue


We pulled out the 'red, white and blue' for Memorial Day and decided to leave it all out for Independence Day.  There is something about the colors that just say, "SUMMER!"  It also makes me think of BBQ, lemonade, swimming on sweltering days, and time spent with family and friends.  Each year, we throw a big Lake Party for our Sunday school class.  With all the children, we usually have almost one hundred people, and the children outnumber the adults!  These are the MEMORIES, I am sure my children will remember...swimming with friends, eating yummy food, playing in the lake and running in and out of the sprinkler!  I have loved watching all the children grow and love knowing there is support for each other in raising our families.   My husband wouldn't let me put any 'froo froo' on the dock, but it had enough color anyway!  I did sneak in a little flag banner on the walkway!  Of course, you will find a 'pixie' (or two or three) jumping off the dock!  We had a great day!  Enjoy making memories with your family!

I am participating in  Met Monday and the CSI project!
Pin It Now!

12 comments :

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I love red white and blue it the summer.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, what fun and yes those children will have fond memories. How nice to be on the lake and have a pool. I love your outdoor area. Just beautiful.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Christie~ these photos are really wonderful! Everything is so welcoming and charming! What a fantastic dock you have~ I would love to have that! The Dept of Nat Resources really limits our dock sizes here, yours is beautiful! Looks like a wonderful party~ thanks for sharing!

Sharlotte said...

Oh My! This all looks like so much fun! I love the red...it's so festive! Your home is just gorgeous...LOVE the porch and the stonework. It looks like you're all having a great summer! Thanks for sharing!
Sharlotte
Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

Donna said...

Very pretty porch. Love the swing. Love the pool, too.

Ingmarie We said...

Lovely photos and lovely colours. And a very nice porch. Would love to have such.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely porch and all your pretties! How fun for those kiddoes too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

What an inviting porch!! Good job!

Atticmag said...

It totally looks like summer at your house. What a joy. Lovely. Jane F.

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm struck by how your post reminds me of growing up @ our cabin in the mountains, countless July 4th's, jumping into the lake. And now, making wonderful memories w/my nearly-3 grandson, jumping thru sprinklers, in front of my own blue hydrangeas. Isn't Summer wonderful?

Would love for you to stop by Thursday & link your beautiful pictures up to Fab Finds for the Fourth! http://muralmaker1.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up today! Hope to see you again soon.

Jami said...

What beautiful photography of a beautiful outdoor space. I fell in love with the quilt on the swing...I miss having a porch! So glad I found your blog. Happy 4th!
Smiles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...