Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Little Gift

Some very sweet and new friends of ours celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary.  Their daughters threw them a surprise party!  Sadly, we could not attend, but sent this little gift to honor their special day.  It was very simple and the 'House Blessings' book was such a sweet read.  Before the hydrangeas bloom, I am on the hunt for great containers.  In May and June, my friends with special occasions can expect they will get something filled with the flowers!  I attached a little quote that I just love...

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret


For more gift ideas, see A Gift for the Gardener.

Check out other great ideas at Between Naps on the Porch!
For Mosaic Monday check out Little Red House!

Pin It Now!

12 comments :

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

How lovely and what a sweet gesture!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Melissa Miller said...

This sounds like a great book! What sweet gift and the flowers are beautiful too.

*Smiles & Blessings* ~Melissa :)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Beautiful flowers and a thoughtful gift!

Unknown said...

Just simply beautiful. I love hydrangea - have some wonderful bushes outside my bedroom window, but I hardly ever cut them and bring them inside - duh!

Thanks for stopping by Fab Finds Thursday. Hope you'll drop by again this Thursday!

My Dream Canvas said...

Really beautiful mosaic...hope u get a chance to visit My Dream Canvas too!!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

simply beautiful. love hydrangeas a lot..

Decor To Adore said...

How perfectly lovely!

Unknown said...

What a lovely book. Your hydrangeas are stunning.
Happy Mosaic Monday.
Karen

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Lovely blooms and a thoughtful gift.

KimMalk said...

How lovely and thoughtful. The photos are beautiful as well as the marriage sentiment.

a quiet life said...

its always so pretty here~

Karen said...

I over prowling again. :) I am so glad I saw this post. The precious book "House Blessings" is such a lovely idea. A couple in our Sunday morning Bible Study are building a new home, this will be a great little treasure to give them. Thanks for sharing the idea.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...