Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cottages by the Sea

Just south of Wilmington, NC sits a small little town called, Southport.  Our family traveled to the beaches near Southport for a family reunion.  I managed to sneak away for several hours to walk around the town.  Southport is getting ready for the Fourth of July Festival.  The festival hosts all kinds of vendors, and many folks that sell on ETSY set up shop here for the long weekend.  We attended the festival last year and went home with some great treasures!  I was sad our trip didn't overlap this year!  It was fun to watch the transformation of the town and all the little cottages as they began their display of red, white, and blue and patriotic decor!  If these little houses could talk, what lessons of simplicity might they offer!  In my mind, heaven looks like this...little cottages by the sea! 

See  Met Monday for more great ideas and transformations!
Pin It Now!

13 comments :

gena said...

Ooooooh, such adorable houses ! Thanks for the eye candy !!!!

gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

raggygirlvintage said...

Sigh, I'm packing my bags...
Tracey

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These cottages are just charming! What a wonderful area for a family reunion!

Erin said...

Awesome! As I was scrolling thru, I thought it was Southport! My parents have a place on Oak Island and I grew up going to the Fourth of July festival. Continuing the tradition with our boys and will be there this year. Love it!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

So cute!! What a wonderful place to visit!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh my...I want one! These are just gorgeous...so filled with charm! I adore all of the flags in front...too sweet!

I am putting this on my list of places to vacation...wonderful!

Enjoy!
Cathy

I am new to your blog...I popped over from Savvy Southern Style to say hello! I look forward to many more visits here!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a wonderful place to spend a week or the whole summer! I am so partial to cottages~ But those by the beach steal my heart!
AN adorable post!
Yvonne

a quiet life said...

such great shots, really enjoy your blog~

Katie Olthoff said...

LOVE the yellow one with the dormers - my fave by far!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Just stopping back by to let you know I saved this post to my favorites and I named it, "I want to live HERE!" :-) I just love these cottages!!!

vignette design said...

Oh, so glad I found your blog. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me your address. Love this post too. All those wonderful cottages. I'm off to see more of your blog. I am following now. Would love to have you follow me too! Take care! xoxo Delores

Bunny Jean said...

This post made me smile... something I needed at the moment.

Loved all the charming cottages, but the best picture was the very last one... the picture of your three little pixies!

I will be sharing your post on my blog this morning. I am also following you from this day forward!

Talk to you soon ;)
Bunny Jean

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I adore cottages! Every single one of those you photographed had its own unique charm. Wouldn't you love to take a tour of the insides of those beauties! ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...