Friday, September 21, 2012

Pumpkins, Pumpkins and More Pumpkins

 
The pumpkins have finally been cut from their vines and are at local farms and stores.
 I cut a small pumpkin to make this arrangement, as an experiment for an upcoming shower.  I hollowed out the pumpkin and placed a small plastic container inside.  Then, I placed some bark, gathered this morning from a River Birch tree, around the sides of the pumpkin.  Some pretty fall mums fill the container.  Two small holes on either side of the pumpkin hold the grapevine.
   I like the pumpkins with the quirky stems.  You have a better chance of finding the twisted ones at a farm, where they were freshly picked.    
 
Fall colors are my favorite.
I found this old frame for twenty bucks.  Rob thought I should refinish it, but I like the old weathered wood without any shine.  I painted a piece of plywood with chalk paint to make a chalk board.
My display before I carved the pumpkin to make a pumpkin 'vase'...simple.
And after...
I like 'simple' but the mums add additional color and interest.
The large pumpkin sits on a column capital reclaimed from an old building.  I have seen these architectural pieces in several places now.  I love it to display things and to elevate platters for serving.
I found the enamel orange colored coffee pot at an antique mall in Southport, NC.
 
The inside of the bark from the River Birch tree has a nice rusty color to it.
                       
 
  Thanks for stopping by! 
Happy Fall Y'all!   
 
 

If you like this pumpkin display, please go to Country Living's Pinterest board and click, 'like!' Or you can enter your own pumpkins before October 2nd!  Thanks!


Start your Halloween pumpkins early! Visit countryliving.com/pumpkin from September 4 until October 2 to submit a picture of your best Halloween jack-o'-lantern or decorated pumpkin. Every morning, we'll post the image on this board, and the reader whose pin get this most "likes" will win a Michaels gift card!
See the winner here!
Congrats to Kristin Bergthold for winning our Halloween Pumpkin Contest! We can't wait to try her idea of making a little pumpkin out of jar lids. Great job!

 
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Furniture Feature Fridays Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Fancy This Redoux vif187  The Shabby Nest bws tips button
Fall Decorating Ideas | The Lettered Cottage
Pin It Now!

26 comments :

Maureen Wyatt said...

Beautiful pumpkin vase! I love the the set up on the cutting table and I'm pinning. ~ Maureen

Hayley said...

These pictures have totally put me in the mood for Autumn decorating! And pumpkin pie ;) xx

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh how pretty!

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

Well, now that I'm looking at your plaid blanket sitting on top of that basket, I'm kicking myself for not picking up that basket I saw at the thrift store the other day. I just love that look! Oh, OK, I love all the looks you do. :)

Stacey said...

Beautiful!

Susan said...

Beautiful!!! I love all the vignettes you've created! You have such a wonderful gift of decorating and you use it beautifully.
Have a great weekend.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL vignette Christie! Happy Fall!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! I love the shape of your biggest pumpkin. What a great idea to use the grapevine for a handle on your pumpkin vase! Happy Fall!

Katie said...

New follower. I jumped over from Funky Junk. I love you cute fall display.
Pinning it.
Katie

At The Picket Fence said...

Love it! Pure pumpkin loveliness!

Heather

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I think this is one of the prettiest Fall vignettes I've seen!! I really love it all!!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Christie, lovely pumpkin vase. Wonderful job and I love the grapevine handle. Happy Fall to you.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Very pretty and I want your chopping block.

Becca Ross said...

I love, love, love your blog header!!!

Becca
homeiswheremystorybegins.com

Amy Kinser said...

Your "style" is just wonderful. Love your pumpkin vase. Love the whole table vignette.

Anna Hanley said...

So, so pretty! Happy Fall to you, Anna

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

this is just perfect! I echo Anna's comment - Happy Fall to you! and thanks for sharing this sweet vignette w/ us. Found it via Pinterest!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

This post is everything I love about fall - the pumpkins, the wool blanket, the rustic look - so beautiful! I'm sharing on my facebook page.

Michael Pacheco said...

Love , love , love this!

Michael Pacheco said...

Love, love ,love this

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

BeSt-Ever FaLL Vignette...
Jeanine Burkhardt

boxtwentyeight said...

I am in love with that picture frame! I need one in my life!

Maria said...

Oh that is just BEAUTIFUL!! I love your pumpkin basket, what a cute idea!!!!! It looks so pretty!

La Cocina de Marta Blay said...

Love your post.
We are going to publish in Spain a digital magazine in PDF before Halloween, between 19-22 October 2012.
We love your originality, creativity and design, and in this first issue we would like to add one of this pictures with your references.

If you aren't ok with it, please send an e-mail to the following address: martablay@yahoo.es

Elma said...

wow I love it all!! I love fall!!!

Kendra | www.joyinourhome.com said...

Love all your pumpkin décor! So gorgeous :) Would love to invite you to link up with us on Thursdays please... Have a wonderful week!
Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...