Saturday, September 1, 2012

Andy Warhol's Pop Art Campbell's Tomato Soup Cans

I ran into Target to get a 'few things' today.  At the end of the soup aisle, I spotted these limited edition Andy Warhol-inspired Campbell's Tomato Soup cans.
Several years ago, I saw similar ones used in a magazine layout of a retro kitchen.  I loved the colors and the quirkiness of the labels and wished I could have found a few for my own kitchen.
 
I love art and these little cans are pieces of art!  And at only 79 cents each, they are affordable Andy Warhol pop art!
 
After a hot grilled cheese and cup of tomato soup, we will keep these lovely little cans as vases for flowers or cups for pencils and crayons.
 
  I think this was a pretty savvy move on Denise Morrison's (CEO of Campbell's soup) part.  What better way to celebrate the 115 years of this tomato soup and the 50th anniversary of Andy Warhol’s 1962 famed work, 32 Campbell’s Soup Cans (displayed at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.)
 
You go, girl. 
 
I might just stock up on some more. Your business strategy worked on this consumer!
 
 
Pin It Now!

8 comments :

Stacey said...

How cute! Fun way to add a little color in the kitchen and then eat them when you're ready.

La Table De Nana said...

I would have bought those in a heartbeat:)

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

These are so adorable! I love them as flower vases. Might have to go out and get some soon!

rebecca said...

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one! And you're right--79 cents IS affordable - for art AND/OR soup :)

Anonymous said...

These are awesome..I am off to Target tomorrow to get a couple of them..Thank You..Have a great day..

MimiG said...

My Target only had 3 of the 4, no blue/green combo. I'll have to go to a Target across town to get that one. Love them!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

These are so fun!!! thanks for sharing.

Kelly - Talk of the House said...

Oh my word! I am going to have to run right out to target to look for these...especially the yellow one. Thanks for being such a good scout! I just found your blog through a pinterest pin (your precious Valentine lunchbox). Love it!
Kelly
p.s. I think your treehouse is wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...