Sunday, September 2, 2012

Paint-by-Numbers & a Gingham Frame

 One of the craft projects the kids did this summer was several 'paint-by-number' paintings.  Ashlyn did this one, because she looooves horses. 
We purchased several at Hobby Lobby, but you can order online from many shops. They have a range of simple ones for little kids or difficult ones for big people.
 These pieces of art are treasures to me.  I didn't like the plain frames available, so I purchased an inexpensive document-sized frame and with some Mod Podge added the gingham paper.
 I used red and white wrapping paper, because it is sturdier than regular paper.  I wonder if fabric would work even better, hmmmm....I think I will try that with some old frames and leftover fabric!


Do you remember paint-by-numbers when you were a kid? 

These really are so much fun!


 
 Thanks for stopping by!
 


  My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Cedar Hill Ranch Jayson and Ashley Sugar Bee Crafts Coastal Charm A Bowl Full of Lemons Savvy Southern Style {Primp} 36th Avenue No Minimalist Here Furniture Feature Fridays Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Fancy This Redoux vif187 The Shabby Nest bws tips button Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
Pin It Now!

5 comments :

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So cute.

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

I've had paint-by-number on the brain lately too. Kennedy would love a horse picture like this for her room. And I love gingham anything! :) I'm enjoying all these posts you've been getting up lately, Christie!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

OK I am so doing this...OK well I don't have any paint by number goodies hanging around but I love that frame idea! Who knew!!
Nice to see another kitchen project that's gone well, your's is just so beautiful! I've been following the progress but, I was up to my eyeballs in sheet-rock dust myself so didn't get much blogging done :O)
Terry

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, I do remember paint by numbers! Still painting today.

Beautiful works of art to cherish for years to come. Love the red checkered frame!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Great job!!! I used to love paint by numbers. What a nice keepsake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...