Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Art for a Playroom


Over Thanksgiving break, I cleaned out closets and the playroom. My kids have outgrown playing with these wooden blocks, so we made a piece of art!

We chose words that applied to Christmas.

I had the canvas from another project and covered it with some linen fabric left over from my dining room project (I'll post soon!) This was a great project to do with my five-year old daughter. While we arranged and glued, she practiced her spelling and sounded out the letters.

Supplies: various blocks, canvas, fabric to cover (optional), staple gun, and a hot glue gun.

This idea was inspired by one I saw in a magazine. No cost...just a little bit of time with my kids and we created some Christmas art! I'll write their ages on the back and will pull it out each Christmas to remember the little hands that played with these blocks!

 Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It Now!

10 comments :

Unknown said...

Some very cool upcycling here! Pity I don't have any letter blocks at my house!

Anonymous said...

This is so original..I have never seen this before and what a great way to use those wooden blocks..Very cute..

Carol Bennett said...

So, so cute!!I love it!
Carol in GA

Carol Bennett said...

So, so cute! I love it!
Carol in GA

Ann said...

Very cute idea, I really love these wooden blocks.
Ann

Gail said...

So beautifully creative Christie! What a great idea!

Hugs,
Gail

Anonymous said...

You have been given the Versatile Blogger Award at A Sweet .n. Simple Life. You can read about it here: http://asweetnsimplelife.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html
Blessings, Kelsey

Megan said...

too cute! I love it!

Meg

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is a darling idea, especially that they were their blocks!

Kelly said...

Oh what a lovely idea! Teachers would love this idea to do in their classrooms during their Christmas party. I really like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...