Sunday, August 29, 2010

Raising Soldiers for Battle

He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You give me your shield of victory;
And your right hand sustains me;
You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn...
You armed me with strength for battle.
Psalm 18:34-36,39
 
David was referring to a physical battle, but ours is so much more of a spiritual battle. As much as I would like, I can't 'circumvent difficulties' for my children.  Rob and I are convicted that we have to prepare our children for battle with the 'Shield and the Sword.' What a challenge, but one that we cannot afford to take lightly.   For so many of us in blog land, we love to see the beauty in this world.  It is my greatest joy to show it to my children.  But, the reality is that life offers hardships, sadness, pain and disapointments, too.  My prayer is that with the Word in their hearts, they will be prepared as soldiers for battle.
 
Jesus Calling  by Sarah Young


Pin It Now!

3 comments :

It's me said...

Beautiful post....lovely sunday.....blessings Ria....

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Very nice post, and oh so appropriate picture! We would do anything for our kids, but you are right, they have to be prepared for the hardship and disappointments and how to handle them gracefully :)

Noble Vintage said...

I love it! :) thanks for posting this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...