Sunday, August 22, 2010

To Church Without Shoes

To Church Without Shoes
Those little stubby toes...I could just eat them!  Well, not on Sunday.  I would prefer for them to be covered for church!  My children spent the night with their grandparents with the intent of going to church the next morning.  I packed shoes.  They were still in the bag the next day, but on that Sunday morning, no shoes could be found!  So, off to church they went without shoes!  Who is going to let a silly little thing like that hinder them?!  Well, probably me. 
 I enjoyed this little story of my barefooted Brooke Owen going to 'Big' church with her grandparents, walking into the sanctuary in all of her freedom and sitting on a pew for all to see.  I wondered...and pondered...would I be so free? 

I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.  Psalm 119:45

Note:  I have enjoyed Yvonne at StoneGable's 'Sunday Scripture' every week, since I entered the wonderful land of Blog. She has inspired me to use my Sunday post in the same way.  I did not grow up a Christian and the Lord in His grace offered me a new path.   It is amazing what I have learned in my journey toward the cross and the life lessons I am learning from children.  I have often said that God uses them to teach me, just as much as I teach them, if not more!
Pin It Now!

8 comments :

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What a wonderful post and those precious little toes...to die for!

I am always inspired by Yvonne's posts as well...she is a wonderful lady!

I love your note at the end! I always love hearing of other's dicscovery of our precious Savior!

God bless you on this beautiful Sunday!
Cathy

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful Scripture, beautiful post and lesson, my friend!
Thank you for your sweet note~ I too came to know Jesus as an adult... and I learn everyday of His love and grace. YOU are an inspiration to me!
Love and Blessings,
Yvonne

It's me said...

What a lovely story.....blessings and love Ria.....

Sarah said...

What a sweet post for a Sunday afternoon. ~ Sarah

Jo said...

So sweet ~ toes and story ;)

Love your honesty and heart!

Jo

The Decorative Dreamer said...

So precious, both of your stories! I will look forward to seeing your Sunday posts as I do so many others who take the time to use their blogs to praise God on Sundays! Bless you!

All That Glitters said...

Well, at least that didn't let shoes stop you from going! Too cute and sweet!

Erin said...

Definitely priceless:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...