Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine Favors...Sugar Free!

Are you looking for some other things to give to kids for Valentine's Day besides candy?
 These little lip glosses are from the dollar bin at Michael's. 
These spoons came from Hobby Lobby.  I was inspired by Mary Poppins singing, "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down...!" I wrote, "Just a spoonful of sugar...is what you are!"  These would be cute dipped in chocolate or given with a coffee mug to a teacher.
Connectagons from HearthSong make a fun Valentine's gift.  We could play with these for hours...HearthSong has different shapes, too!
Who doesn't love a good game of cards?  This little heart stack came from Michael's.
Another non-candy option could be these little bubble wands located in the wedding section at Michaels.  These make great party favors, too!
These Wilton lollipops came from the wedding section at Michael's, as well.  Ribbon and stickers to print yourself are included and make a nice Valentine's sweet treat!  Okay, so it wouldn't be Valentine's without some candy!
Pencils are a favorite goody bag gift...so practical, aren't they? 
For a cost effective little gift, print some coloring sheets right from your computer and tie some crayons or colored pencils to the sheets.  My favorite site for printing coloring sheets is here!

I am joining these weekly parties and a few special Valentine's parties! 








Stop by Bargain Hunting with Laurie and see all the Valentine's Day fun!




 A little disclaimer...I don't give goody bags for every holiday.  With three kids and approximately 25 kids in each class, it could be costly to do for every holiday...plus, do our kids really need that much sugar?!  Valentine's Day is the one holiday our schools will allow a party, so we usually join in on the fun for this holiday and spread the love!  If you want to give little favors instead of candy, stock up after Valentine's Day for next year!  And don't forget, you can print a 40% coupon to Michael's before you go!  Happy Valentine's to you!

Pin It Now!

33 comments :

Charlotte said...

Great ideas! Don't you just love to wander the aisles of Michael's and Hobby Lobby?

Jules said...

Love the lip-glosses! They are so cute! And the spoon idea is a great one too.

Lesslie said...

Christie, I actually ordered Valentine cards from Tiny Prints for Davis' friends in his classroom I got the ones that say, "You Rule." The card has rulers on it....so cute. I showed Davis the lip glosses and asked him if he would like for us to attach these to his Valentine cards and his exact reply, "Mom, it's not happening, it's NEVER going to happen." He thinks he's so cool...
I'm definitely getting the bubble sticks to add the cards! Those are adorable and MUCH better and MORE fun than candy.

theveryflowers said...

I went out of my way to make a 30 minute trip to Michaels to get some of that stuff, LOL. I don't normally really get into V-day. Our kids are homeschooled and we are meeting with our local group at the park Friday to celebrate, so I am now excited that they will have some sweet things to hand out to their buddies. :) LOVE the heart bubble wands! Couldn't pass those by.
Thanks for the ideas!!

Heather said...

Hello! I am visiting from Transformation Thursday. These are great ideas for valentine goodies! Thanks for sharing.

Randiga Tråden said...

Lovely.

Maria Babin said...

Christie, cute, cute, cute ideas! This makes me miss the U.S.A. so much! Valentine's Day is more for lovers here in France than for friends and family and everybody and so you can find roses and lingerie aplenty, but not all these cute, fun, adorable treats!

Kathy said...

Oh! This is just lovely - can I find a way to get there? Don't know!~ Thanks for sharing,
Kathy

Tanyia said...

You found some great little favors, I love them!

I am stopping by from Show Off Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans!

Stop by and check out my scrapbooking layouts if you get the chance! http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/02/couple-of-scrapbook-layouts.html

Carol Bennett said...

Christie, such cute ideas and sugar free too! Way to go, we all need to find alternatives to all the sugar and sweets we eat!Thanks for the ideas!
Carol in GA

Unknown said...

Goodness...now I need to take a little trip to Michaels!
Daisy~

Sarah said...

Fun little valentine ideas. Love the spoon idea! I picked up a package of the heart cards yesterday. ~ sarah

amy@flexibledreams said...

It looks like a round trip to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and Target is on my agenda for tomorrow. LOVE your blog!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

We are having a wedding in April... I am absolutely on my way to Michaels. :-{)

Cfycup said...

You're V-day ideas are adorable and the pictures are equally cute! I think you should print them off and make some Valentine art! :-)

Sue said...

Cute ideas~thanks!

LocalFunForKids said...

There are so many cute ideas here. I love the heart connectigons. Thanks for linking up with Fun for Kids Friday http://www.localfunforkids.com/

Rustown Mom said...

I think I might have to stop into Michael's for some of those cute lip glosses for my co-workers this weekend - fat free! Thanks for the cute ideas (:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

What a great idea to go sugar-free. When I was teaching, I remember what it was like when the kids would be hopped up on sugar right after Halloween, Vday, and Easter.

How did you think to go to the wedding section? Genius!

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for adding these ideas to Sweets This Week!

Sarah

Kelly said...

The spoons are divine!

Kelly

kate said...

thanks for your great ideas...i really want to pick up some little tokens for some special kids in my life and i will definately check out michael's..!

At The Picket Fence said...

These are such great ideas Christie! I am so jealous of all of you folks who have a Hobby Lobby! I love the spoons and was thinking how perfect they would be with the coffee gift cards I am giving to Ian's teachers (wrapped in a vintage box of course!). I have discovered that $1 bins can be very dangerous at Michaels...I always want to scoop everything up! Thanks so much for linking up to the party this week,
Vanessa

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Those spoons are adorable!

Nancy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! Those spoons are so cute. Some great ideas Christie. One of my grands can't eat sugar, so that means that none of my grands get sugar from me for Valentine's Day. You've given me some inspiration. Thank you for linking this to the Valentine party. laurie

Red Couch Recipes said...

Very cute ideas for fun little gifties. Joni

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What darling ideas for Valentines treats! I love those sweet spoons!! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Cynthia said...

Hi...love your site!

Regarding the "Spoonful of Sugar" spoons, did you purchase them at a store and how recent? I went on their online store and didn't see them and unfortunately, I don't live near a store...thanks!
Cindy

Thearica said...

Hobby Lobby and Michaels are my MOST favorite 2 stores!! I can literally get lost in time there!!

Jessa said...

Really great ideas, nice to see them all. Love the heart puzzle thing, will have to remember that for next year, I can see my littles just loving it.

Thanks for adding this to The Valentines Party and happy Valentines Day to you.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What wonderful ideas! All of them are so cute!

Designs on 47th Street said...

You really have shared some nice non sugar gift ideas for our little ones. I won't see my little grandsons for a few more days, so I'm still taking notes and will probably make a trip to Michaels tomorrow! :)

Donna

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

I love these ideas. Especially the spoons. So cute.

Warmly, Michelle

Ana said...

Love! Amei demais! Muito lindo! Very beautifull!
Conheça meu blog: www.reinacoesdabebucha.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...