Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Little Bucket of Valentine's



My daughter loves to make her own Valentine cards for her friends.  Each year, I put together a little bucket or box of supplies for her to work on whenever she likes.  Michael's carries some great simple stock cards in pink and lots of stickers and tags.  The dollar bin has some really pretty things, too!  The shabby chic note cards and pen came from there!  The bucket came from Target last summer.

Happy Valentine's!! 

Can I say that now since it is February!

By the way, how do you like my new look...or should I say, look?  My blog never had a look!  Thanks to my friend Monica for helping me make a banner!  Yeah!  I have some color to my blog!!  I am more and more impressed with folks who work with computers! 

I am linking this to 'At the Picket Fence!'  Please go check out these sisters new blog!  It is awesome and off to a terrific start!!







Pin It Now!

17 comments :

All That Jazz said...

What a fun idea! I tear off the covers of old Valentine cards and recycle them for the kids at school to make new ones! Dollar Tree & Michaels are great places for stuff....I just got the cutest recipe card box and utensils there!
~michelle~

Comeca Jones said...

Very sweet ! Your blog looks Fab!

Christie said...

Michelle, I LOVE that idea! I think we will keep the covers of the Valentine cards from this year and do that next year...great way to teach my kids to reUSE!!!

Debbie said...

This is a really cute idea, and I think it would be neat to do year round and just change it periodically.

Carol Bennett said...

I loved to do Valentine crafts with my children when they were young! Enjoy!! I LOVE the new banner look!! Very cute!
Carol in GA

Vanessa said...

This really is a fantastic idea Christie and I might even be able to do a modified version of this for my 3 year old (sans scissors!). And I love what Michelle said up above about tearing the covers off of the old Valentine's cards too! Your photos are gorgeous and your new banner on your blog looks absolutely fabulous! I love the colors and how it is all so perfectly Three Pixie Lane-ish! :-)
Blessings,
Vanessa

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute bucket of valentines! Love your header....very cheerful.

Jules said...

Very Cute!

Allison said...

Love your daughter's little bucket of Valentine's. That's sweet that she likes to make her own. I like that little pink Love Bird tag. Did you make that? Your banner looks great. Very fun!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Great idea! It's always nice to have the supplies "at the ready!" Stop by if you get a chance. I just posted my BEST tablescape ever. After re-reading your Profile, I think you'll agree...

Monica M. Judd said...

Thank you so much for offering up so many wonderful ideas... I'm good at copying, sometimes! And your new banner is the perfect addition to your blog... great job!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!.."LOVE" it!
~JO
LazyonLoblolly

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I had to follow your idea and spell out my own 'LOVE'. I'm posting it on Monday. I wonder how many other will follow suit?

Anonymous said...

Cute bucket of supplies. I especially love the beautiful colored pencils. Are those from Michaels as well.

At The Picket Fence said...

Adorable! Clever! And oh so sweet! Love this idea. My daughter just started a card making class I think I'm going to keep all of her supplies in a bucket like this

Heather @At The Picket Fence

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

You have some really cute ideas on your blog. My 10 year old daughter would love this!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

How cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...