Thursday, January 6, 2011

Talented Friends and Favorite Things...

This is my favorite room!  My friend Elizabeth knows how to decorate so well with color!  I L.O.V.E the red and white check curtains and chairs!  Can I just curl up and live in this room?!
All of her vignettes are festive and every space is decorated for the holiday with bright colors and fun polka dots (see the candles!)  Sshhhh....I went sneaking around snapping photos, while she read a book to the kids!
Elizabeth replaced her everyday china with this Christmas china.  A nativity scene recently given to her by a family friend sits on top of the hutch.  This is very clever and so pretty!
I love how she used her moss covered bunny as a part of the Christmas decor, too!
Can you soak in all the details?  All of her rooms are like this!  Just bright and cheery and oh, so lovely and festive!

This wreath is another favorite!  My friend Jennifer is so talented...just about anything she touches turns to gold and the food she cooks...just out of this world!  She keeps a family blog, but I am trying to get her to start a food/craft/decorating/gardening blog...she has such talent!  She whipped this wreath up in no time and I just love it!  I am drawn to it because of the wonderful colors!  I want one, Jen!
My newest friend Monica made this sign.  I love the verse and the distressed look!  She has done one incredible job of finding and refurbishing furniture for her home!  With four kids, I don't know how she does it, but she pulls off some amazing projects!  I credit her for introducing me to blogging and for teaching me some great tips about photography.  She keeps a family blog, too, and I hope she will start up a craft/photography/decorating/refurbishing blog soon!
Can you see the oversized 'M' on the wall?  The picture below is a bit brighter!  Katie is a master at creating the most beautiful vignettes.  She has an incredible eye for all things vintage.  She painted this monogram on her kitchen wall freehand!  I have learned a good bit about decorating and the placement of things from Katie!
If my friends are seeing this, I hope you don't mind that I posted!  These were such great ideas, so I wanted to share with my friends in blog land!  Much love!!


Pin It Now!

16 comments :

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of fun prettiness here...thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

I hope your friends are seeing this, because they should take your advice and start their own blogs! Terrific things you've shared with us Chrisite, sometimes I find a cattleprod to be helpful, hahaha!

Alison Agnew said...

Red, red and more red...yum...my favorite color. And those buffalo checks in red and white are to die for.

Anonymous said...

We are Soooo glad you did share. This is amazing and fantastic and gorgeous!

(love the moss covered bunny)

Kim said...

SO much amazing color inspiration. I love the bold red/white checks and the lime green. Beautiful!
xoxo,
Kim

Kathy said...

I am mad for red! Love Elizabeths use of Buffalo checks. My best friend always tells me that I have never met a check I didnt like.
Wonderful apple green color on the walls with the Christmas tree.
I want one of Jens Christmas ball wreath like the one in the post!!! What did she use for a base/form for the wreath?

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous, everything is wonderful. I am with you on the red curtains and chairs, they are truly perfection. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

I love color and your friend's home is filled with it. Thanks for sharing with us.

- The Tablescaper

Angie said...

LOOOOOVR the red and white checked curtains and would like to know the apple green paint color on her walls in the 5th picture. Been thinking about painting my kitchen that color and really love the way her room looks. YES, she definitely needs her own decorating blog so we can see every bit of her fabulous home!

Karen said...

Such beautiful & bright colors & love the M on the wall! Talented yes!

Debbiedoos said...

FUN! I love it all, very inspiring.

Melissa said...

So inspirational! Thank you for sharing!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Jules said...

Very nice! Love all the pictures and ideas of friends that you have shared. You have some very talented friends! Hope they start those "how to" blogs you're encouraging them to. :o)

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh, I love, love, love those checked chairs. I have the red checked curtains. Would you have any idea where the chairs came from?

judi said...

i love monica's sign...i have that verse on my chalkboard. will she do a tutorial for it? would love to know her technique, etc.
thanks for sharing your friends with us.
judi

Allison said...

Beautiful photos! So much talent! I love all the red and white and those apple green walls are fun. The covered bunny is great. I don't think I'd ever want to take any of that decor down. It's so colorful and festive and happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...