Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chalk Board

I found several old window frames at a salvage yard in Charleston, SC.

They were already the prettiest shade of blue.  I cut out the screen and cut a board to fit the space.  I painted it with chalkboard paint, before I attached it with a heavy duty staple gun. 

The equestrian drawer pulls came from the Pottery Barn outlet and were left over from another project.  I turned them upside down and attached them to the window sill.

They are perfect for holding chalk! 

Thank you for stopping by!

I am linking here!
DIY Show Off
Pin It Now!


Kris said...

Such a great piece. And such a sweet chalk drawing too!!

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Christie, your chalkboard is so adorable. Love the pulls and how they can hold the chalk too.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

What a great idea to use the drawer pulls to hold chalk! I am so on my way to the store to buy drawer pulls!

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Christie, I love this chalkboard. So cute and easy to do. I like the drawer pulls for holding the chalk. Great idea. Your vignette is sweet and says "Spring"! Blessings, Pamela

Katja@ Shift Ctrl ART said...

Just beautiful!! I love your chalk drawing!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Found you at Monday Funday. Your blog and this chalkboard project are wonderful!!!! Love it!

janet said...

LOVE it.
So clever.
Have a wonderful week.

Rita said...

Love it! It turned out so cute!

Kim @ Two Ten Designs said...

Beautiful!! What a clever idea!! I just made a chalkboard, though the frame is a little too thin at the moment, but I have dreams of a chunky frame... can't wait to add some pulls for all the chalk! I love it!!
And the peeps!

popping in from skip to my lou link party

Krystie Bohmer said...

That is a very creative idea! I wanted to put up a chalk board area for a shopping list but haven't figured a good way/place for chalk. thanks!

Alderberry Hill said...

Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured later this afternoon!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and join me later this evening for Make the Scene Monday #65!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...