Monday, March 4, 2013

A Quiche Pan to a Cake Stand



 
 
  
 
 


 
 

Charleston, SC is a great place to find treasures!  As the old homes get restored, the bead board, windows, columns and bases go to salvage yards.  I could spend hours rummaging through the old pieces of history.  On one hunt, I found several old seed distributors.  I am yet, to figure out how they work. The patina is wonderful.

The base for my cake stand (or Lazy Susan) is a seed distributor.   The top is an old quiche or tart pan.  I have been on a search for these, but have only found a few.  I attached the two parts with industrial strength glue.  I have made several similar stands and hope to list on Etsy (as soon as I recover from our house projects!)

Thanks for stopping by!
 



 
I am linking here!
 
Pin It Now!

2 comments :

Amy Kinser said...

What a great marriage of these two pieces. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Clever.
I really like how it turned out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...