Monday, October 22, 2012

A Little Punkin'

 One of my girlfriends is having a baby!
A group of us gave her a shower for her little boy. 
In addition to the two pumpkins for the body, I used a small pumpkin and some vine to make the pacifier.  For the eyes, I cut slits in the pumpkin and pushed in two scales from a large pine cone.  Small pine needles are sticking out the corners of his closed eyes.  Certainly you could carve the face, but I didn't trust the outcome.  The hair was made from tendrils that grew from the pumpkin.
I made a little rattle from a small squash wrapped with a corn stalk to resemble the handle.
The blanket is made from corn stalks and wrapped loosely around the baby.  Everyone calls babies, 'Punkins' or 'Little Pumpkins,' so it seemed like the perfect display to welcome guests on the front porch, especially since it is Fall!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Pin It Now!

13 comments :

Brandi said...

So clever. The sweetest idea I've ever seen.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love it Christie! So adorable!!

It's me said...

Oh so sweet...we also sell the little one in our shop...lovely week darling...xxx...

Blondie's Journal said...

This is darling, Christie! I know the Mommy had to smile!

XO,
Jane

Kelli said...

What a fun idea~

Pamela Gordon said...

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing the idea. Blessings, Pamela

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable..
Love it..

Maureen Wyatt said...

This is so cute that I had to pin it! ~ Maureen

At The Picket Fence said...

That has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen Christie! You never cease to amaze me! :-)
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

That is just adorable - very inventive!





Catt from Kentucky

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

That is the cutest idea!!! :)

Karen said...

too cute ~

Julie Hargreaves said...

This was a great idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...