Monday, August 27, 2012

A 'By the River' Bench

 Building a bench was a family project this summer.
 Our house is situated on a peninsula.  On one side, there is a little beach.  This is the spot I bring our dog Drayton to do his morning laps to deplete some of the Labrador puppy energy.  The ducks are fleeing a potential capture.
 Since this is part of our daily routine, I wanted a bench to rest while Drayton swims.  Drayton and I have been walking the kids to school (or rather, he drags me) and then coming to this little spot.
 This is certainly a crew of DIYers.
 Rob found some plans on-line.  Search "how to build a bench," and you will find many different styles. 
Now, all we need to do is seal the wood, so it will last for many years.
This is a great spot to sit under the shade of the River Birches and sip something warm! 
 
Not interested in building your own?  Here are some great looking benches!  The 'Softcross 2-Seater Outdoor Garden Bench' is one of my favorites and is reasonably priced!

 
I hope you all are having a great start to the new school year!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


Linking here!
Pin It Now!

11 comments :

Susan said...

I love your new bench and what a memory building it as a family. I also love the beautiful view while watching your gorgeous dog enjoy himself playing in the water.
Have a great day!

Kris said...

What a nice bench, and a great spot to sit!!!
XO KRis

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a great looking bench and what wonderful memories were made building it together!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always leaving calm & uplifting posts. They just comfort me so much. With so many "crisises" going on in my family right now, I so appreciate seeing & reading your special posts. Blessings to you, DH

Andrea said...

what a great family project! My girls absolutely love helping Dad with construction projects =)

Christie said...

Anonymous, I am so glad you find comfort here! We all have family difficulties and trials, so you are not alone. What encouragment you have given me that something over here has lifted your spirits! Blessings to you DH! Christie

Anonymous said...

Great bench with a wonderful view! Our last home was on a very large creek. Mister and I watched many a sunset over the water on our swing for two!

Chenille Cottage said...

How sweet it is to see your entire family working together on your beautiful bench. That makes your bench so much more special!
I can't get over the quiet beauty of your lakeside setting...Oh, how peaceful!
Have a lovely week, my friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn

Anonymous said...

Your bench is sooo nice..What a great family project..Have a wonderful week..

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh, my friend, I just love this! It is a beautiful bench made even more beautiful by the fact that you built it together. :-) I think I'm going to have to come up with a family building project for us next year 'cause I'm loving this idea!
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing the plans you used for this bench?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...