Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lakeside Lunch

 The children went to their grandparents for the night, so Rob and I had a free night!  I say that loosely, because Rob is a taskmaster!  We got lots of projects done and had time to enjoy a little lakeside lunch.  It has been scorchin' already around the south, but today was beautiful and comfortable!
The gray and cream check bolster pillows came from IKEA.
Glassware was found at Homegoods.
I tinkered around with some different containers to hold the flags.  This is a French milk jar that I had purchased for my booth.  It never made it to the store!
The dish towels, also from IKEA are used as napkins.  The square chargers were found at World Market. 
The dome food covers are from Sur Le Table.
This white enamel pitcher is also from IKEA.  I bought several in blue and white...so reasonable and great for gifts to hold pretty summer flowers.
I had this small demijohn bottle in my booth.
I hope you have had a beautiful Saturday!


I will link to my favorite sites here!  Please stop by for some great ideas and inspiration!  I will also link to the CSI Project for their Red, White, or Blue Challenge!

Visit thecsiproject.com



 

The DIY Show Off


Pin It Now!

23 comments :

Rita said...

It is so lovely and serene. I would love to have lunch here. :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I forgot that you have that beautiful view. I would love to live by a big body of water like that. For now my little pond will have to do. What a pretty setting and I need to go to Ikea.

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

wow, you live in a super beautiful location.

Unknown said...

A lovely tablescape and such a great little setting and view!

Sarah said...

Christie, this is a fabulous lakeside setting. I'd love to linger at this table setting and spend the afternoon taking in a gentle breeze and the lake view. ~ Sarah

The Painted Home said...

wow! such great inspiration, so glad i found you!
d e n i s e

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Christie,
Your lakeside lunch is so romantic and rustic luxe! I love the dish towels tied to the top of the wicker domes! How clever. I've been looking for glasses with wicker holders, your's are perfect! ANd that little chippy table makes me swoon!
I hope you had a leisurely, romantic time to reconnect before you got on to the tasks at hand.
Blessings,
Yvonne

Megan said...

Your table scapes always look so wonderful, like something out of a fairy tale! I love this one!

Meg

Pamela Gordon said...

Would I ever love to be there! Such a lovely spot for a lunch and your cute little table looks so sweet with the wicker items. Beautiful!

Holly said...

Wow...everything looks great! Love it. I just love Ikea!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

This is so pretty and so americana! I love it!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Looks lovely! What a nice spot for a picnic!

Arabella said...

It's fabulous! I'm ready to join you for some lunch :O)

Visiting from Metamorphosis Monday...hope you have a great week!

abeachcottage said...

Lovely tablescape and what wonderful place to have lunch! Great pics.

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful setting.

~Liz

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

I Love wicker! I just cant get over your wicker chairs, glasses, placemats and platecovers. I want your whole look!

Anonymous said...

I want to sit there by that lake for the rest of the afternoon! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a very relaxing lunch party.
Love the wicker items.
Thanks for sharing your space.
Michele

JudyBug said...

Love the lakeside lunch! The wicker covers are just too unique! I see so many precious things that come from Home Goods. Sure wish we had one.

Heaven's Walk said...

That first photo looks professional enough to be in a magazine, Christie! :) I just adore the way you put your sweet lunch vignette together. Wicker is just sooo yummy! And you are one lucky girl to live close to an IKEA! lol!

xoxo laurie

Kris said...

My oh my...where do you live? I am a lake kind of gal. We spend our summer vacation at a lake near Yosemite, called Bass Lake. It is my heaven! And my Mom has a cabin at our local mtn lake....Big Bear CA where we spend as many weekends as we can. I adore your blog. SO happy to have found it!!!!

Comeca Jones said...

Looks nice.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Christie - Love your setting for two. The wicker chargers are fabulous and of course I am smitten with anything displaying the American Flag. Adorable! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this last week. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...